Chapter 1

I looked around me, cowering in fear. We were all crowded into one room. People around me were sobbing and crying and trying to comfort each other. At least they had bathed all of us sp we weren't all grossly smooshed up together. But that didn't make my situation any better. At least it was better than the cages.

I was dressed up in my lingerie with my hair and makeup done. I didn't want to be here, I wanted to go back to my parents, I wanted my mom and my dad and my brothers and sisters so badly. But I was just the runt of the litter and there's no point in keeping the runt so they sold me instead. They sold me to the people who brought me here, they were going to auction me off to some stranger who would be my owner.

"Gerard Way!" A loud voice shouted.

The door to the dark room opened and everyone shrunk back. I cried as two men pulled me forward, dragging me out of the room.

"Act cute, make yourself look buyable," One of them ordered. "Ears up and tail out. I don't think we'll have a hard time selling you, everyone wants a little virgin kitten."

I was put onto a stage and looked around at everyone. I let my black ears stick up on my head and my tail lift up in the air behind me, I was too scared of what would happen if I didn't do what they told me to. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I let out a quiet sob. The lights made it hard to see, I was blinded slightly but I didn't want to put my hands up to cover it in fear of getting in trouble. People cheered and cat called immediately as my lip quivered.

"Gerard Way, age seventeen," the speaker said. "He's four feet ten inches and one hundred and twenty-seven pounds, he's the small runt of the litter, still only a kitten, he's male, never had a previous owner and he's a virgin. Bidding starts at seven hundred and fifty thousand."

I listened to them do the bidding but I tried my best to ignore it. I didn't want to pay attention to how my life was going to be ruined. Someone grabbed me and I shrieked, trying to pull away. He dragged me over to a man standing at the back of the room. The man was taller than me and he had dark, shoulder length hair and a lot of tattoos. The guard pushed me forward into his chest before walking off. I sobbed, cowering back in fear.

"Let's go out to my car," the man said.

He lead me out, keeping a hand on the small of my back. We got to a very nice, very expensive looking car. He opened the door and I whimpered as I looked over at him.

"Don't be nervous," he said with a small smile. "I won't hurt you."

I got in and he got into his side. The man drove and I frowned in confusion when he got to an ice cream shop. The sun was just starting to set around us, filling the sky with a pretty color. Usually pretty sights like these help me to relax but I was still just terrified.

"Other nekos have told me this place has the best ice cream," he said. "They use a lot of milk in it."

I followed him out to the window where some lady was waiting.

"Hello, Frank," she said as she smiled. "Chocolate as usual?"

"Yes please," The man--who I now knew was named Frank--said. "What kind would you like, sweetheart?"

Frank looked at me and I just looked down as my eyes watered.

"He'll just take vanilla," Frank answered.

We got our cups and he wrapped his jacket around me, covering up my scantily clad body. The two of us sat on a bench and I ate quietly as I sniffled.

"My name is Frank Iero," the man said. "Don't worry, though, I won't hurt you at all. I buy nekos from these awful places and I help them. I help them move on and learn about society so that way you'll be able to go out on your own to get your own houses and apartments and you can fit in with other people."