Chapter 34

"Andy, please," I begged.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he said.

Andy B. carried me to the hospital room and I sobbed as he strapped me down to the metal table after taking off my nightgown. He kissed my cheek gently as I cried. The others walked in and Andy stepped back, taking on that cold exterior again.

"Please," I cried. "Please let me go."

"Shut him up," Pete said.

Andy H. tied a gag into my mouth as I sobbed. Ray drew a dotted line right down the middle of my stomach as I screamed in fear.

"That looks like a good place to cut," he said.

"Maybe you shouldn't," Andy B. said. "I mean, felines are known for actually not doing well with surgeries. They die about ninety-eight percent of the time."

"Ninety-eight percent? You're a fucking liar," Ray said.

"No, it's true, I would know better than anyone else here, I've been studying cats for years," Andy B. insisted. "If you do this then he will die and you don't get as much out of a dead cat-human because felines also rot pretty quickly, they have to out there in the wild."

"Fuck, he's probably right," Pete said.

"How do you know that?" Ray asked.

"I don't but Andy knows more about cats than any of us, that's why we hired him," Pete said.

"Fine, we won't cut him open then," Ray sighed. "What the fuck are we supposed to do with this thing then?"

"Maybe you can try less harm, invasive measures," Andy said. "Maybe try talking to him."

"Maybe I'll try talking to your sister with my knife," Ray said and Andy quickly shook his head. "You shut your fucking mouth then. Step out of line again and I slit her throat."

"She's sixteen, she's just a kid," Andy B. whispered, his eyes watering. 

"She's gonna be a dead kid if you don't be quiet and do as we say," Ray stated. "I guess we can see how his tail is healing, we can see how his body works and how his cells heal wounds."

Andy H. grabbed my tail roughly and I whimpered. Thankfully Andy B. had snuck me some pain medication before I was brought here so that way anything they did to me wouldn't hurt, or at least not hurt as much.

"Get his bandages, Biersack," Ray said.

Andy B. held my tail as he carefully pulled off my bandages.

"Come on, just fucking rip 'em, it doesn't matter if it hurts him," Pete said.

Andy B. looked at me apologetically before pulling the bandages. It hurt a little bit but thankfully the medicine made it a lot better. I watched them look at my tail and I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see my ugly tail. Now I'm a runt and I'm ugly.

"It doesn't look too bad," Andy B. said. "Let me get some ointment or something so it doesn't get infected."

"Who cares if it gets infected?" Ray asked. "Doesn't matter to us if he's in pain."

"But his entire tail would have to be amputated, we can't get any use from an infected tail wound," Andy B. said. 

"Fine, get him something for his tail," Pete said.

Andy B. nodded and gently rubbed some ointment onto my tail, cleaning it and caring for it gently. I sniffled quietly, wishing I could just curl up into a ball and cry myself to sleep.

Maybe I can just die now and see my Daddy in Heaven.

I cried quietly, staring up at the white ceiling. The drugs were thankfully seeming to wash over me more and I relaxed against the table. I closed my eyes, feeling myself grow more and more tired as I finally fell asleep.