Chapter 27

I gave Frank a big hug, kissing his cheek.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Frank asked nervously. "We can go back home and get some ice cream instead."

"No, I think I'm gonna be okay," I said.

"Alright, call me if you need anything," he said. "And call me before you go to sleep so I can tell you I love you and wish you goodnight."

"Yes, Daddy," I said, giving him another kiss.

Frank smiled, giving me a hug before he left. I was having my first ever sleepover at Patrick's house and I was so excited. I ran up to the door, my favorite Hello Kitty bag on my back. I knocked on the door and Patrick squealed, pulling me inside.

I looked around curiously. The place was pretty big, kinda like Frank's house. This one was more traditional whereas Frank's is a little bit more contemporary. There were pictures on the walls of Joe and Ruby and someone who I assumed was Marie.

"Hi, Gee," Joe said, giving me a hug.

"Where's Ruby?" I asked.

"Oh, she's taking a nap right now," Joe said. "I promise you can play with her later, I know you love babies."

I nodded and Patrick held my hand.

"I got arts and crafts," he said.

He pulled me to the table where arts and craft boxes were sitting. I giggled as we sat down and started working.

"Joe, can I get help?" Patrick asked.

Joe nodded and helped him make the bracelet. They were sitting so close and their hands were touching, I could see Patrick was getting nervous so close to Joe like that. Patrick looked at me nervously before he started leaning closer to Joe and I realized he was going to kiss him.

"I'm home!" Someone called.

A pretty girl with brown hair and bangs walked in. She had little pretty neko ears and was wearing a pencil skirt with a pretty blouse.

"Marie, oh my god," Joe said.

He hurried over to give her a hug while Patrick pouted.

"You're back early," Joe said.

"I wanted to surprise you," Marie said. "Where's Ruby?"

"She's taking a nap right now," Joe said. "Come say hi, Patrick."

Patrick went over and gave Marie a hug.

"Oh, I missed you, Patty," Marie said, kissing his cheek.

Patrick nodded sadly before sitting down beside me.

"This is Gee, Frank's boyfriend," Joe said.

"Hi, sweetheart," she said.

I gave her a small wave and  held Patrick's hand.

"Let's go upstairs," he said.

I followed him upstairs to his bedroom. There were pretty stuffed animals all around and he even had a bed frame that looked like a castle.

"What are you gonna do now that Marie is back?" I asked.

Patrick shrugged, sitting on the bed.

"I was gonna kiss him, I really was gonna do it this time," Patrick said. "I like him a lot but now Marie is back and it's just not a nice thing to do. I don't wanna be a naughty kitten."

I kissed Patrick's cheek, squeezing his hand. We played in his room for a little while before Joe came in, picking Patrick up.

"Time for this little stinky kitten to take a bath," Joe said.