Chapter 9

I sat on the floor in front of the tv, playing with my toys. I felt a sudden pain in my tail and I cried out.

"Shit!" Frank exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, baby, I didn't mean to step on your tail."

I whimpered, curling my tail around me as I rubbed it gently. Frank sat down beside me and gave my tail a soft kiss.

"Sorry, baby," he said.

I smiled, rubbing my tail against his face as he laughed.

"Why?" He asked.

"It feels nicer when I rub it against somethin'," I said.

"So you chose my face?" Frank asked and I nodded. "You're so cute."

I moved my tail away so he could lean closer to kiss my cheek.

"It's almost bedtime, sweetheart," he said.

I pouted and he ran his fingers through my hair.

"No attitude now, you got to hang out with Dallon all day," he said. "Now, let's go get you ready."

Frank held my hand and pulled me to the bedroom. I brushed my teeth while he brushed my hair.

"What pajamas do you wanna wear?" Frank asked.

"I wanna wear my pretty pink footie pajamas," I said.

Frank smiled and helped me get dressed. He got my warm bottle of milk and I curled up in his lap. I drank my warm milk happily, it always made me more sleepy.

"There we go, good boy," Frank said when I finished.

I yawned then smiled softly. Frank tucked me into bed, running his fingers through my hair.

"Goodnight, beautiful," he whispered.

"Night night, daddy," I mumbled.

Frank smiled, kissing my forehead as I closed my eyes. He left and I smiled as I snuggled up with Lola.

I was just falling asleep when I heard the loud crack of thunder. I jumped up, my heart racing. I grabbed Lola and my paci and ran to Frank's room.

I jumped into his bed and he looked at me in shock. I cried, burying my face into his chest. He rubbed my back and I was shaking as I heard another crack of thunder.

"Oh, sweetheart, are you scared of storms?" He asked I nodded. "Awe, you're the cutest little kitten ever."

I sniffled, clutching onto him tight.

"I'm here, baby, I've got you," he whispered.

"Thank you, Daddy," I said softly.

Frank's hand--which had previously been rubbing my back--froze for a moment before starting again.

"That's right, Daddy's got you," he said

I smiled softly, burying my face into the crook of his neck. I heard the rain start pouring down against the roof and I coward against Frank in fear. I've always hated storms, I used to hide under my bed when I was a little or cuddle up with Mikey.

Mikey was the only one of my siblings who actually liked me. I was the only runt out of all the litters and nobody likes the runt, even the runt doesn't like the runt.

"What are you thinking about?" Frank asked. "You got a little frown."

He rubbed the part between my eyebrows where it was furrowed and I giggled.

"I was just hating that I'm so little and only the runt," I said. "I'm so much smaller and slower than the rest of my siblings."

"What if you have kids one day and one of them are the runts?" He asked. "Would you hate that child?"