Chapter 3

I yawned as I woke up, stretching my arms. I've been here for a few days now and I loved every second of it. I could smell something cooking and I smiled, grabbing Lola before I went to the kitchen.

"Hey, I have to go back to work today, it's Monday," Frank said.

I frowned sadly as I looked at him in his suit.

"I made you pancakes and there's food in the fridge for lunch," he said.

Frank set a plate down on the counter for me with a glass of milk.

"I'll call you later, Gee," Frank said. "See you when I get home. If you're good you can have a little treat."

I smiled, nodding quickly. Frank kissed the top of my head and I purred softly. He grabbed his keys and walked out the front door and I heard him lock it behind him.

I bit my lip and ate my breakfast. The whole house was so empty and quiet. I put my plate in the sink when I was done, going to look around.

I opened the backyard to see a huge yard with a big garden. On the stone patio there was a grill and a seating area around a bonfire. There was also a huge pool with a hot tub that was connected and raised slightly, creating a waterfall into the pool.

I walked closer and reached in, feeling that the hot tub was warm but not hot, it wasn't turned on. Unlike most other nekos, I didn't mind water as much. I didn't like big bodies of water or being in water too long but I didn't mind being in water.

I went back inside, looking around. I opened a door to an office, seeing a big, dark oak desk in the middle of the room with a computer on it. There were a bunch of matching oak shelves lining the walls, some covered with books and others covered with records.

On a little table by the window was a vinyl player and a bunch of picture frames, each one holding a photo of nekos, which I assumed were the ones Frank has helped. I smiled softly at some of the ones who were in graduation gowns and others in what looked like monumental places.

There was a bulletin board on the wall too. Some pictures were tacked up of Frank at concerts and there were postcards sent from the nekos, seemingly sent periodically from every one of them.

I left Frank's office and went upstairs. There were multiple bedrooms, all clean and nicely decorated. There was a big double door and I opened it up to see another bedroom. This one was clearly Frank's room.

This room was the biggest by far. The walls were light feet and there was dark hardwood floors. There was a big fireplace with a tv over it and a soft white couch in front of it with a dark coffee table.

The big, soft bed had a dark red comforter. The bedframe was dark wood with matching nightstands. A Stephen King book was on the nightstand, dog eared to the page he must've left off on last night. There was a big, fluffy white rug on the floor.

Through a door I found a huge walk in closet and another door in that had a bathroom with a large shower and an even bigger bathtub.

I walked around the entire house, counting a total of six bedrooms and seven and two half bathrooms. I sat on the couch, biting my lip. I turned on the tv and curled up on the couch, sucking on my paci as I hugged Lola.

A few hours later my phone rang and I gasped happily when I saw it was Frank.

"Frankie!" I cheered. "I miss you!"

I smiled as Frank chuckled.

"I missed you too, sweetheart," he said.

I giggled, hugging Lola.