Chapter 10

I grabbed my bag and peeked outside to the hallway where Dallon and Frank talked.

"Here's a list of all the foods he won't eat and some of his favorites," Frank said. "And make sure he takes a nap after lunch even if he protests. He usually only naps for about two hours but don't let him nap for more than three or else he won't go to sleep at night.

"His bedtime is at ten thirty sharp. He usually likes a warm bottle of milk first. Only fill it up halfway though. He likes it when you scratch his ears until he falls asleep. He hates storms too so make sure you're close to him when it's storming.

"Here's Lola, he loves Lola. And here's his paci, that usually helps calm him down when he's scared. He really likes bubble baths but hates big bodies of water. He has never been on a plane before so he'll probably get scared but he feels better when you hold him and scratch his ears.

"Make sure you always carry around one of his sweaters with you. Whenever we go out I always bring a sweater because he gets cold but always forgets to bring his own. And keep in contact with his brother, he likes updates on how Gee is doing.

"Make sure you don't give him too many sweets no matter how much he asks for it. You don't want him having a sugar rush or a tummy ache. Make sure he brushes his teeth, he only likes mint toothpaste but not one that's too minty."

Wow, Frank must care for me a lot.

"That's...extensive," Dallon muttered.

"He's a kitten, he needs to be taken care of," Frank stated.

I walked out and they smiled at me.

"You ready?" Dallon asked and I nodded.

Frank wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight.

"I'm gonna miss you," he whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too," I mumbled sadly.

"I'll mail you the rest of your stuff," he said.

I nodded and he pulled away, wiping away my tears.

"You go have a good life now," he said.

"This is what you do for a living?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do just this," he said. "You're gonna go live your dream now."

I nodded and he kissed my cheek.

"Go on now," he said with a small, sad smile.

I nodded again and Dallon took my hand.

"Come on, baby, let's go," he said softly.

Dallon and I walked out and we got into his car. I sniffled, looking back at the house as we drove off.

"My mom is so excited to meet you," Dallon said. "And she knows you're a neko so you don't even have to worry."

He squeezed my hand, frowning softly.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I-I'm just nervous," I said.

Dallon nodded, kissing my hand.

"It's okay to be nervous," he said. "But soon we'll be home. We have a big yard too and I can build you a big playground."

I nodded, smiling happily. We got to the airport, which wasn't far. The two of us grabbed a snack after going through all the checks before they started calling people for the plane.

I froze as Dallon handed her the tickets and we were just about to board the plane. He looked at me in confusion, caressing my cheek gently.

"What's wrong?" He asked.