Chapter 12

I yawned as Frank woke me up. He got me dressed and carried me to the car. I curled up in the warm seat, hugging Lola to my chest. Frank buckled me up and got into his side.

We got to Frank's work and he put my hat on my head. I yawned sleepily and held his hand. We went up to his office and I curled up on his couch. Frank reached into my bag, grabbing my blankie to lay it over me.

I dozed on and off for a while. I kept fading in between dreamworld and reality. Eventually I woke up fully and scowled when I saw the room was empty.

My eyes immediately watered and I stood up. There was a note taped to Lola's stomach that had 'in a meeting, be back soon -xo Frank' on it.

"Awe, hugs and kisses," I muttered.

I giggled when I found another note on his desk that said 'you look so beautiful -xo Frank'.

"So cute," I mumbled.

I kept finding little notes all over with cute little messages on them. They seemed to do their job of keeping me busy until Frank got back. I giggled, hugging him tight as I showered him in kisses.

"I told Kristin to go grab us some lunch," he said.

"What'd you get?" I asked.

"She's just gonna grab some Wendy's," he said.

I nodded, playing with my toys on the ground. The day went by too fast for my liking. Soon we were home and I frowned sadly as I sat on the couch.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," Frank said, kissing the top of my head.

"Can I join you?" I asked.

Frank chuckled softly and shook his head. I pouted as Frank left and I went to grab my new helicopter. I went to the back patio, smiling as I put in batteries and turned it on.

I didn't fly it more than a foot above the ground, I was too scared of it breaking. I didn't wanna make Frankie upset with me.

That made me think of when we bought Brendon. I really liked wearing the collar from Frank, it just felt...right. I loved wearing his collar.

I set my controller down and went inside. I went through the house, humming as I heard the shower running upstairs. I opened the door where Frank had gotten the collar and leash and froze.

My big sisters loved watching movies a lot, they never let me watch movies with them, though. One time I snuck into the room and saw they were watching Fifty Shades of Grey.

This looked exactly like the playroom from that movie.

It was complete with the toys on the walls, the big bed with silky red sheets and the leather couch. My eyes watered and lip quivered as I looked around.

I hurried out of the room, going to my bedroom. Those things were bad, they were used on bad kittens. This is what happens when nekos are sold to bad people. Frankie isn't nice, he's only pretending to be nice.

I tried my best to keep my mind off it. When I heard the shower stop I went outside. I tried playing with my toy helicopter. How can Daddy be a meanie if he buys me all these nice toys?

I was still so careful with my toy when Brendon walked outside with a cigarette. He leaned against the railing as he smoked.

After a little while, I felt someone grab my kitty ear and pull. I let out a cry as I jerked, accidentally driving my helicopter into the wall. Brendon walked into the house as I sniffled and rubbed my ear.

I stepped closer and saw that my helicopter had broken. I cried quietly as I picked up the propeller and walked inside. Frank was sitting on the couch watching tv, his hair slightly damp.