Chapter One

⚠️Heads up!⚠️

This is a work of fiction so everything that is written here was in no way intended to harm the girls or paint them as them someone they are not.

Wrote this in 2019 so please, this is cringe-y

~~~~~~~~

I've been watching youtube videos since this morning and all I can do was sigh. How long has this been happening? How can I be so blind? I opened another video analysis but before I could play it, I heard a knock on my door.

"Lisa?"

I groaned quietly when I heard her voice. I quickly stood up and went infront of my mirror. I rubbed my eyes to remove the tiredness from them, put on a smile and opened the door.

"Yes, unnie?"

She was wearing her goofy smile while she peeked inside my room.

"What?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Dinner's ready. Let's go!" She quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the kitchen. In there I saw my other two members sitting on their own respective seats.

They nodded when they saw me and prepared the utensils I was going to use. Once everything was settled, I grinned and said my thanks.

They were conversing but I didn't pay too much attention to them until I felt someone kick my shin.

I looked up and saw them all looking at me. "What?"

Chaeyoung reached for my hand and gently squeezed it. "Are you okay, Lisa?"

I removed all the traces of strain and whatever's going on in my mind and gave them the most convincing smile I could muster. "Yeah. I am. Why'd you ask?"

Jennie raised her brows at me and 'tsk'-ed. "You've been locked up inside your room since this morning, you didn't eat your lunch and now you're spacing out. What's the problem, Lisa?"

I shrugged, "I'm just tired, is all. I'm done eating. Should I wash this already?"

They all turned to me and looked at me weirdly. "Okay. Clearly something is up. You never wash your plates and be the one to finish eating first." Jisoo said.

I laughed. Well, it's all I can do to ease them up. To laugh. To smile. "I am fine, you guys. Stop worrying about me and finish what you're eating. Let's watch a movie after. I'll be at the living room, okay?"

I didn't wait for them to speak or to react. Once I was out of earshot, I sighed again. How didn't I notice those stares before? The soft carrasses, the attentiveness towards her? Gods. Is it one-sided? Or are they hiding something from us?

I sighed again then I felt the other side of the couch dip. "That's a heavy one."

I turned to look at the person beside me and saw her studying me. How could I be so stupid? I tried so hard not to sigh again so I just turned towards the TV.

I felt her hand hold my arm prodding me to look at her again. When I did, I saw her sad smile. "What's up, Lisa? What's wrong?"

I disregarded her question and looked around, unfamiliar with the silence. "Where are the others?"

"They're out. They said that we need ice cream and some snacks to lighten up your mood." I nodded without saying anything and turned towards the TV again.

She sighed beside me and kept her mum, sensing that I wouldn't say anything.

"Why didn't you go with her?" I felt her gaze on me but I didn't look at her. I kept my eyes straight.

"Hmm?"

"You. Why didn't you go with Jisoo?"

She shifted on her seat and turned her body towards me. "What do you mean? Chaeng's already with her. I'm not needed there."

This time, I looked at her. Studied her face, looking for signs that she's bothered by this conversation. "But you want to be there because she's there, right?"

"What are you saying, Lisa?" And there. I saw it. She's fidgeting. Small beads of sweat were forming on her forehead. Her breathing became fast and unsteady.

If I can notice these little things then why haven't I noticed the elephant in the room? Why haven't I seen those signs that were blatantly showing themselves infront of me?

"I noticed something recently. Which I should've seen way before."

With this, she gulped and turned away from me to wipe the sweat on her forehead. Her lips quivered. Her breathing became faster but she didn't say anything for a while. No one said anything for a while.

She then gave me an incredulous look, "What is it?"

"You like her."

"What?" I heard her say. Her voice was barely a whisper. So small, so fragile like it wasn't hers. Not from the Jennie I know.

I looked at her in the eyes and smiled, "You've always liked her."

"You like Jisoo." I repeated. This isn't me asking. This is me concluding.

It's the truth. Now that I've seen her reaction towards this topic, it's already confirmed. She likes her and we were too dumb to notice.

"Lisa, I--" she was about to say something when she was interrupted by the loud voice of Jisoo.

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.

I heard her groan beside me, frustrated that she wasn't able to say anything. Deny or confirm or maybe lie.

I gave Jennie-unnie a pat on her back and a smile. "I got you, unnie."

"Thank you." She whispered just enough for me to hear and all I can do is nod.

--

I would highly appreciate it if you guys leave your comments and vote on this story!

@jenlisasbiatch- twitter acc