Chapter Thirty Four

⚠️⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING!!!⚠️⚠️

⚠️Note⚠️

3rd pov- normal letters
Jennie's thoughts- italics
Lisa's message- Bold letters

3RD POV

The girl from the other line cleared her throat as she tried to speak as normal as she could.

"Hey, Ni-... Oh. Wait. Got that wrong. Haha!" Her laugh was awkward and she paused for a long time, letting the older girl fidget as she wait on the edge of her seat. Her heart was hammering inside her chest, all emotions were passing through her that Jennie feared she might combust.

The maknae sighed before  speaking again. "Hey, Jennie? There. That's it. That's the right one to call you now, isn't it? Oh gods I'm so bad at this. I'm sorry." She mumbled as if she was in a call, as if forgot she's just recording a voice mail and can just delete it and repeat it again.

Was she about to call me Nini? The cat eyed girl wondered. Why didn't she?

Jennie knew the answer but she couldn't allow herself to believe what she knew. She didn't want to believe it even she knew the truth.

She's hurt, stupid. She knows that you're going out with someone so she thinks that she doesn't have the right to you call you that anymore.

A dejavu.

"I should call you Jennie from now on, right? It would be awkward for you if I still call you that. I'm sorry."

Why do you always think like that Lisa?

Why do you always think so lowly of yourself?

Is it because of me? Of how I treated you before?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ruining not just your happiness but also your confidence.

I am really really terribly sorry.

"How are you, Jennie? I wish you're doing fine, you know. For the past 10 months, I always always wish that you're okay..."

The brunette clutched her chest as she felt her heart being squeezed by her words.

She's still thinking of me... she still cares.

Lisa's voice cracked a little but she laughed it off. "I'm... I'm sorry, yeah? You must be thinking, why now? After all these months, why is she doing this now?"

"And so, I'm sorry for disturbing you and calling you but this will be the last time. I promise you. I will never bother you anymore."

"I will stop being your annoying maknae. So that you'll never have to worry about me again. Yey for you, guys!"

No! You were never a bother to me, Lisa. To us. No... please. No. Don't leave... please.

She chuckled lightly, "And so, I will leave you with my gifts."

What?

"You know my channel right?" She whooped before continuing, "By the way, I received an award for reaching a million subscribers! How cool is that? Never thought that it would happen."

"But anyway, those are all for you. You know, the videos? I captured, edited, and created that with the thought of you. I hope you'll like them and keep them close to your heart."