Chapter Thirty Six

JENNIE'S POV

Run! Run! Run!

Come on, Jennie. Run.

Don't let her get away this time.

Please don't give out. I prayed silently to myself, expecting a small burst of energy from my feeble body.

Not now. Please. Just let me get to her.

Faster, I begged myself.

"Lisa!" I screamed, my voice hoarse and uneven from all these emotions coursing through me.

I ran faster as I saw her turn into a corner. My vision was already blurry, my tears pooling in the corner of my eyes and I try hard not to trip and lose sight of her.

Lisa, please.

However, I immediately stopped running and ran a hand through my face. Fuck. I saw a glimpse of black hair underneath the hoodie she was wearing.

Her hair was different. It's- It's not blonde anymore.

It's not her?

"Miss Kim, are you okay?" The security rushed to me as they saw me slumping on the floor while crying.

"Ma'am, are you okay? Should we call an ambulance?" They asked worriedly as they scan the whole place, looking for any threat.

I shook my head and wiped my tears away.

"Did you see her?" I asked them while still gazing at the corner she disappeared into.

"Who? We already notified your manager, ma'am. Do you need help? Should we search for the one you're looking for?"

I shook my head and slowly stood up but my legs were already too weak to hold me upright but thankfully, manager caught me in time.

"She's okay. Don't worry, I'll handle it from here. Thank you so much." I heard him say but I couldn't express my gratitude towards them as I was still thinking of who I saw a while ago.

"Oppa, I saw her. She was here..." I whispered quietly as he slowly accompanied me to walk.

"You saw Lisa?"

"I... I did. I think I did. It was her. I know."

"Did you call out for her?"

I nodded while still remembering her sillhouette. "It was her, and I'm sure of that but she-"

I choked on my own breath as I feel my heart breaking once again.

"But she what?"

"But she didn't look back. Not even once. She didn't look at me, oppa." I sobbed.

"Maybe it's not her, Jennie. Because if that's her, she would've run straight to you."

I smiled bitterly to myself because I know she wouldn't.

She's running away from me. She left because of me, didn't she?

However, I didn't voice out my thoughts. Instead I quietly sobbed as we were walking towards the dressing room.

"Yah! Are you okay?" Chaeyoung and Jisoo rushed towards me and they immediately checked for any bruises or wounds.

"We heard what happened. Why did you cry, unnie?"

"I- Nothing. It was nothing. I thought I saw someone I know."

A staff suddenly interrupted me and quickly went towards Chaeyoung. "Miss Rosè! Five minutes and you're up! You have to hurry!"