Special Chapter

I let my gaze linger on the black screen infront of me and heard myself sigh. I rest my head on the arm of the couch and closed my eyes for a few minutes before I felt the couch dipping and I faintly heard someone munching on green peppers.

"Anything I can do, hubby?" I asked while still keeping my eyes closed.

I heard her huff and I peeked through my lashes, seeing Chaeyoung staring intently at me. "How did you know it was me?"

I shrugged and closed my eyes again then mumbled enough for her to hear, "You're the only one who likes to munch on veggies, and green peppers make a distinct sound when being eaten raw."

She flicked her fingers and the couch slightly shook from her small jumps. I heard a loud snapping of the vegetable, an indication that she took a huge bite and she chewed it slowly, producing a pleasant sound. "That's why it sounds so good. Like ASMR-ish."

I silently smiled at her usual bubbly self when learning new things. I let my mind wander as I still hear her still eating the pepper.

"Unnie," she said while slightly shaking my legs. I jolt up, not realizing I fell asleep because of the sudden ASMR show.

"Hmm?" I murmured while rubbing my eyes to remove the sleepiness in them.

"Your head's gonna hurt because of your position. Sleep on your room or Lisa's."

I shook my head and stretched my limbs, making me groan from the release of tense muscles. "I'm okay, Chaeng. I'm still waiting for Lisa."

Her eyes lingered on the clock infront of us and her brows raised in question."Where did she go?"

I shrugged. I took out my phone from my back jeans pocket and checked for any notification from the now brunette but I received nothing. I decided to text her myself and after a few minutes, I still received no replies.

I was staring at my phone, my eyebrows scrunched up while trying to decode why didn't she reply to me or sent me a text or something.

"Chaeng," I called and when she looked at me, I continued, "Can you please text Lisa and ask her what time she'll go home?"

She nodded and I saw her type a message on her phone. What made my heart squeeze a little was when her phone beeped not a minute later and she showed me the message that was sent to her.

"Here, unnie. Lisa's reply."

I huffed in disappointment but stopped myself because Chaeng might think I was mad at her. I gave her a small smile and a nod before standing up. "Thank you. I'll head off to my room now. Goodnight."

Chaeng looked at me weirdly after she read Lisa's text message. "Anything wrong, wifey?"

I shook my head and gave her a pat on the back. "I'm fine. I just got too tired. Goodnight?"

"But she said she'll be home in a few," she murmured, thinking I wouldn't hear her but I did though I pretended I didn't.

"But goodnight, unnie. I'll tell Lisa you waited."

My steps faltered when I was near my room and turned to her, her eyes were silently questioning my demeanor so I tried to act as normal as possible. "Don't. We both had a long day. Tell her to rest and we'll see each other tomorrow."

I saw her nod her head and I gave her a grateful smile before entering my room and flopping on to my bed.

Huh.

I closed my eyes and put my arm over it so that it would block off the light. My mind wandered off to these past few days and awhile ago before she left but nothing made me think if I did something wrong to make her upset.