Chapter Thirty Five

"There are paparazzis outside, okay? I want you two not to answer anything they ask you. Okay? Just don't look at them, okay?"

Their manager's advice rung on her ears as she stepped outside their van.

Don't look. Don't answer. Got it.

And lo and behold, the flashes of camera started to blind her even she's wearing her sunglasses at 3 o'clock in the morning.

"Jennie! Jennie, is it true that Lisa left Blackpink because of a guy?" One asked.

If they only knew. She thought as she rolled her eyes.

"Did Lisa leave you because she's sick?"

That earned another eye roll.

Where do they get these absurd ideas?

And she continued walking with Jisoo beside her. Their managers at their front and pushing away those pesky interviewers and paparazzis.

"Is Blackpink really disbanding?"

She saw Jisoo's hand twitch, so she held her arm discreetly to avoid any misunderstandings.

"What's your view that Rosé's having her solo when a fellow member is missing in action?"

Oh, damn. Here we go...

Jisoo gently squeezed her hand as a sign of comfort and understanding.

Just keep walking. Just keep walking. She reminded her self. Nothing good will  result if you pay them any attention.

"Is Lisa mad because her solo was taking too long to happen that's why she left?"

She's the most selfless person to exist here on earth and do they think that she's that low?

"Did Lisa leave because she's a troubled kid?"

A-what?

She was tempted to stop but before she could, Jisoo grabbed her arm to continue walking.

What? What the fuck is he saying?

Apparently the one who asked that question saw Jennie's body language that he decided to add more fuel to the starting flame.

He followed them and was prodding the mic near her face.

"She is, isn't she? That's why you're not looking for her. That's why up until now, she's missing."

She clenched her fists when she felt her anger building up.

Shut up. You know nothing. No one knows shit...

She made a mistake and momentarily looked at his direction and she saw him smirk.

"Did she, perhaps, fell in love with one of your members and when you knew about it, you were disgusted, right? Right, Jennie? Is Lisa gay?"