Chapter Three

Everything went back to normal after that early morning. Jennie and I became civil with each other again. I already forgave her but there's this part of me that was still hurting because of what she did.

Call me childish for my reasons and all but I spent my adolescent period with them.

We went through alot and fought way more times we could count because of our secrets to the point that Mr. Yang thought of not continuing the debut Pink Punk or Blackpink as you know now, which explains the delays we've had.

After all, you can't form a group who doesn't even acknowledge one another or try to put up with each other just because of their differences.

After talking to us, we realized our mistakes and thought that all of our efforts would go to waste just because of the secrets and misunderstandings so we made a pact to say everything to everyone.

I trust them so much to the point of spilling  my darkest secrets for the sake of our dreams then to our blossoming friendship. It was first for the sake of the group we were trying to build that soon turned into family.

Knowing each other's secrets and trusting each other were the foundation of what  we became and where we are now. It feels nice to connect to someone so deeply by knowing what they've been through and what they have been hiding to the point of knowing their fears and what made them who they are now.

I've analyzed what Jennie said before I interrupted her and I realized where she's coming from. Being in this industry is scary. People will judge you for your smallest mistakes and sometimes, even just for breathing the same air as them and knowing how the knets react to Jennie's life, I too, would be scared if I was her.

Two weeks has passed since that kitchen rendezvous and I told you things were going smoothly and back to normal, right? Well, that's where I'm wrong.

Chaeng, Jennie and I were lounging at the living room, Chipmunk was sitting cross-legged on the floor and me and Jennie were occupying the sofa with a safe distance from each other.

We were watching a kdrama when Jisoo got out from her room. I think she just finished playing games on her phone or on her nintendo switch when she saw us, her eyes red from too much playing.

She was sulking as she sat between me and Jennie. From the corner of my eyes, I saw the latter flinch from the sudden contact and she gave me a side glance. However, Jisoo was unaware of this as she was complaining on how her enemies attacked her from behind, which she thought was cheating but I call that strategy.

I sat there, silently watching. Observing how she would react to everything Jisoo would do. Funny how the Jennie Kim we know is so different from what I'm seeing now. She acts so confident on stage, so sure of herself, so powerful but put her beside Jisoo and she cowers, like a little puppy looking for comfort.

Jisoo kept talking and talking and she sat there the whole time, timid and stiff. When she noticed that Jennie's not listening to her, she decided to watch the television instead.

If Jennie wasn't moving awhile ago while she was talking to her, Jisoo then leaned her head on Jennie's shoulder. I saw how her breath hitched and she stopped breathing altogether.

Jisoo noticed her weird behavior that she suddenly turned towards her. Their faces were so close that Jennie choked on her own saliva.

"Jenduekie? Are you okay?"

She nodded immediately. "I-" Her voice sounded higher than usual that she needed to clear her throat to get back to her normal tone, "I am. I just need some water. Be right back."

She stood up hastily that she suddenly hit Jisoo's cheek with her shoulder. The oldest groaned from the impact and Jennie left without saying sorry.

If the situation between us was better than this then I would've laughed so hard for seeing what just happened. But even now that we're civil towards each other, I couldn't even smile secretly. The whole scenario bothered me and I was not yet in the mood to figure out why.

"Hey."

"Hey, Lisa."

Jisoo poked my cheek to get my attention. I turned towards her and I saw her reddening cheeks and she's gently massaging it. She was pouting a little and I couldn't help it, I pinched her other cheek.

"Kyowo." I jokingly said.

She slapped my fingers away from her face. Now, she's holding her two slightly reddish cheeks. "Ouch! What's that for?"

"To keep your blush even."

I heard Chaeyoung's laugh then mumbled something like "Kyeopta".

Jisoo didn't seem to hear her though as she was too busy puffing and unpuffing her cheeks.

I was reaching for my phone inside my pocket when she spoke again. "Do you know what's wrong with Jendeuki?"

"Wrong? What's wrong? What happened?" It was Chaeyoung who asked her and not me. I just wanted to listen and keep my mouth shut on this topic.

She let go of her face then sighed. "I don't know, honestly. She's been avoiding me for weeks."

"Really? What happened?" the curiousity got the best of me that I asked nonchalantly. I saw Jennie exit the kitchen then dashed towards her bedroom without saying anything to us. No one seemed to notice her but me.

What happened in the past two weeks, Jennie Kim?

Jisoo rubbed her cheeks again as if thinking, "I didn't do anything wrong, I swear. She just... she just stopped being the Jendeuki that I know."

Her eyes suddenly lost its shine. Chaeyoung went to sit on her right and I was on her left so she was sandwiched between the two of us. We patted her back and she took a deep breath before exhaling them all.

"I'm so lost right now. I keep on recalling if I annoyed her or something, or if I've hidden something from her then forgot to return it but everything's blank. Has she talked to any of you?"

She looked at Chaeng who's shaking her head then to me. Oh no. I hate lying. I abhor lying but technically, she hasn't talked to me for the past two weeks too so I shook my head. I exhaled when she nodded.

I can't bear to see Jisoo this sad. She likes to hide her problems to herself and keep her emotions at bay. Only Jennie could do this to her. Seeing her like this made me want to assure her that everything's going to be fine.

"Hey, unnie. Maybe she's going through something. Let's just give her the privacy she needs. Maybe sooner or later, she'll be your-" I stopped. Why did I stop speaking? My breathing suddenly hitched for an unknown reason.

Then, there it is again. The little needles. But I continued speaking after taking a deep breath. "She'll be your Jendeukie again. Okay?"

I looked at Chaeng, asking for help then she nodded. "Oh look, unnie. Your blush is already fading..."

Jisoo's eyes widened when she realized what we're about to do then we smirked. She suddenly made a run towards her bedroom laughing and cupping her face to protect it from our attacks.

"Yah! You're going to bruise my cheek!"

We followed her until we cornered her before she got to her room. We tickled her until she couldn't breathe. Her face red from too much laughing and small beads of sweat has formed on her neck and forehead.

She struggled to be free and when she succeeded, she faced us with a scowl on her face. "Yaah! Stop! I surrender. I am no match against two avatars."

Chaeng and I both laughed before we tackled her again. But before I got caught up in the fun, there, at the corner of my eye, she stood. Watching us with a small frown on her face but when she saw me, she gave me a tepid smile before returning to her room.

Jennie. Jennie. You're such a mystery to me.