Chapter Twenty Five

"Niki?!" I squealed as she opened her arms for me to hug her in which I immediately run into. She smelled like flowers and spring and all things good.

"Happy birthday, Lisa!" She giggled as she tightened the hug.

The producer- John faked a cough, which made us turn to him. "Oh, I didn't know it was your birthday, Lisa. If I had known, I would've prepared a small celebration for you."

Once we both let go of each other from that warm yet suffocating hug, I glanced at manager unnie and she has this confused look on her face. I blushed while Niki chuckled as she put her arm on my shoulder.

"You see, John, her birthday was two weeks ago but I made this little kiddo a promise to sing her the birthday song everyday."

He was clearly amused by that information as he regarded me with a smile, "Well, belated happy birthday Lisa. But I guess I don't need you to introduce to each other?"

We shook our heads as we grinned, "No. Thank you, John."

He clapped his hands and sat down on one of the couches available. He motioned for us to sit and we did.

"Okay then, let's get down to business."

I nodded as I felt my heart rate increasing.

This is it, Lisa.

We discussed the possible concepts/ song drafts for my solo and I liked everything but there was one song that caught my attention.

I picked up the piece of paper and scanned the whole text.

"Ah, yes. That song. Kinda sad, actually. It might not fit your style, Lisa. Are you sure about it?"

I read the lyrics again and it kinda struck me, twisting my heart as scenarios flashed through my memory. It reminds me of her and what I've been through.

I nodded and offered him a shy smile.

"Can I..." I paused. Hesitant to ask him for a favor.

"What is it, darling?" He urged with a gentle smile.

I looked at manager first and she nodded. "Can I tweak this just a little bit?"

"Oh sure. That's what I was planning to do as well."

"Really?!"

"You see, great songs come from the heart of an artist and for the listeners to be able to relate, the singer must relate to it first, yes?"

I nodded eagerly. "Yes!" I cleared my throat upon realizing that I was almost shouting. "Yes. Thank you."

Once the meeting was finished, he congratulated me for my solo and we decided to eat outside and explore L.A a little bit more.

"Niki, are you sure you're not busy?"

She stretched her limbs and I ducked when her arm almost smacked me in the face.

She chuckled, "Oh no. I cleared all my schedule for today."

I gasped and almost hit her, but I realized that we are not that close in person yet so I retracted my arm and put it on my waist instead. "What? Why did you?"

"Well, you see I've always wanted to see and meet Lalisa Manoban aka the ponytail rapper in person and this was too good of a chance to pass up, you know. So here I am. I'm free for the whole day. No hidden charges included."

She gave me a wink which made me chuckle. "You're an idiot."

She softly laughed as she clung to my arms. Well I guess personal space doesn't matter to her. "I am. But why didn't you text me that you're going here in L.A?"