Chapter Twenty Three

Chaeng's POV

I sat on her bed, staring at the now empty closet. I can see how much they rushed her by the sudden news.

I imagined her packing slowly while tears were coming down on her face. Like a lost and confused puppy, she glance around her room, trying to memorize it, thinking she'll never come back. I sighed.

"Her happiness comes first," that's what I heard. Didn't know they would act so quick, so hurried, but the thing they will do will hurt her deeply.

It was his decision, biased by what surrounded him. Money.

Nobody knew that this was gonna happen, it was only his devious mind that coined all of this shit that's happening. And whoever made him do it should rot in hell.

Nobody knows what's gonna happen next. A shiver run down through my spine by thinking of the possibilities.

Lisa, I may not be with you there but be strong. Please. Keep your heart strong...

I shut my eyes close; praying, hoping, assuring myself that we made the right decision, that I made the right decision.

I heard footsteps outside but no one talked. They're here.

"Chaeng!"

I forced my eyes to open, seeing her gaze wander towards the now empty closet and drawers.

Her eyes screamed confusion, seeing the state of the room of our maknae. "Jennie! Jennie, come here quickly!"

I heard some protests before seeing her standing infront of me. Once she saw everything, it took a while before it registered to her. She gasped.

"What happened here, Chaeng? Where's Lisa?!"

I stared past them. Past her. Anger boiling in my blood.

Your fault.

All your fault.

"Where the fuck are her things?! Her fucking clothes?!"

"Jennie, calm down!"

I tried to block out her screams and her questions but my heart aches for Lisa.

I quietly whispered, so low that my voice broke. "Your fault..."

They turned to me, eyes asking but one asked with such anger, "What did you say?"

I looked at her and my eyes started to water.

What did Lisa see in you, Jennie?

"I said, it's your fault."

"ROSÉ!" Jisoo screamed at me. I glared at them.

"What did you do, Chaeng? What did they do now?"

I stood up and pushed her shoulder. I didn't want to hurt her buy was she really blaming us now? Was she giving us the burden of her actions.

"They? ME?! We didn't do anything, Jennie! It's you! This is all your fault!" I screamed at her then her eyes started to water and she slowly crumbled infront of me. Her strong façade turned into dust as I stared at thebhelpless girl weeping infront of me.

You're just wasting your tears, Jennie Kim. That means nothing now.

"I know... I know what you mean, but believe me when I say I didn't want this to happen.."

I tried to lunge at her but Jisoo was quick enough to hold me. Her arms were on my waist, stopping me from getting closer to Jennie.

"Your lies are worthless now, Jennie! Stop lying and just be fucking honest!" I snarled, wanting to pull her hair or do something that would hurt her, enough to let her feel the same pain as Lisa's.