Chapter Eight

"Why is manager unnie seating two tables away from us?"

She looked up from the menu then glanced at her side, "She told me that it would be better that way since we're in our disguises and she's not. People would think that she's alone and not with us, no?"

I nodded then skimmed through the menu. My mouth watered upon seeing the familiar dishes. My tummy lowly grumbled. " What do you want, unnie?"

Her eyes glanced up at me before I heard her sigh, "Whatever you'll have but please not the spicy ones."

"The spicy ones? From that blackpink house episode?"

"Yes, I felt too bad that I couldn't eat any of those."

I nodded then called the attendant. Manager unnie made the arrangements for us and talked with the management that no one should react when they see us or something. She said that we couldn't attract too much attention and the management agreed.

I told her what we'll have and the attendant nodded with a smile and left.

We weren't talking so I scanned the whole place. It reminded me so much of home that my heart clenched at the familiarity of the place.

"This looks so much like the restaurants in Thailand. Consider me impressed."

"It is?"

I looked at her with amazement then nodded my head. "Everything hits close to home, you know. I want to visit this place more often, if only they would allow me to go here alone."

"They don't allow you to visit places like this?"

"No. Sadly, no. I would love to if ever but sajangnim adviced me to stop from going without any of the members or the staff."

"Why is that?"

I stirred the coffee in my cup before continuing, "I've been receiving a lot of hate and comments because of my heritage so if I'm seen alone in a place like this, it would give them the wrong impression..."

She nodded slowly as if thinking, "It would give them the idea that you miss home too much and that you'd rather be there than here."

"Yes. That I don't want to be here anymore and stuff like that. I don't really care to be honest because it's true. Not that I want to be there than here, but I miss home, unnie. I really do and being in a place like this makes me feel connected to my family and makes my heart feel free." I sighed then blinked my eyes a few times to remove the tears that formed in the corner of my eyes.

While I was talking, she was looking at me weirdly. Like she's coming up with something. It feels weird by how you can know what a person is thinking by just looking at them.

"Hey, Lili. I have an idea." She excitedly said. Her gummy smile was showing.

I faked a groan, "Oh no. It's bad when Jennie Kim has an idea."

She tried to smack my arm but hers were too short that she could barely reach me. I laughed silently when she glared at me. "No, stupid. Listen first, okay?"

I nodded but couldn't remove the smile on my face. She's just too cute.

"What if we talk to CEO Yang about this? Like, me, Chaeyoung and Jisoo unnie could take turns-"

She stopped talking for a moment when our food arrived. We gave the attendant a smile before delving into our foods.

I moaned when the familiarity of the flavors bursted in my mouth. Home. This is truly the taste of home.