Chapter Seventeen

Her eyes widened at what I said and she... suddenly slapped me.

Ouch.

She rolled her eyes at me and gagged then raised her pointer finger and pointed it at my face. "First of all, yuck."

Then she raised middle finger with her pointer one, "Second of all, gross."

"Third of all, no offense but no thanks."

She looked too serious that I suddenly realized how awkward it was for me to speak that and I totally lost it. I fell forward, laugh escaping my mouth as I looked at her. "Holy hell, I'm sorry! I didn't mean that!"

I said wheezing while wiping all my tears away. After overcoming the shock of my question, she laughed as well seeing my state. We're a mess right now, I tell you. We're both hunched over clutching our stomach from the stupidity of it all.

"Oh my God, I want to kick you off your own bed when you said that, gladly I just slapped you."

"Yeah, thanks." I hope she felt the overflowing sarcasm dripping on that, but I guess she didn't. She's a dum dum too, you know.

She rubbed my cheeks and laughed, seeing it red and her hand almost marked my skin. "I slapped you real bad, didn't I?"

I nodded but grinned anyway, "I needed that, Chaeng. The literal slap of reality. Thank you, Chipmunk."

She shook her head, "I swear to God, Lisa, if you say that to me again, I will kick you out of this dorm and skin Leo alive."

My oldest cat probably sensed the threat of her words that he hissed at her and dashed somewhere safe. We look at where he's now hidden himself and chuckled.

We didn't speak for a while but the silence sorrounding us was comfortable. However, thinking back to what we're doing, a sad smile suddenly appeared on my face.

"What's the matter, Lisa? Still thinking why it can't just be me?"

I blushed from her teasing and grabbed a pillow to smack it at her. Sadly she dodged it swiftly while grinning. "What is it, Lisa?"

I averted my gaze at her then dropped it on my phone. "I can't do this, Chaeyoung."

"Do what?"

"Use Niki as a diversion for my feelings. Yes, I do like her but as a fan and not romantically."

She chuckled. "Lisa, listen to me, okay?"

I nodded then she proceeded, "Niki, whatever she's doing, it's her decision. We were supposed to just use her a front, a harmless lie to cover up the truth but this is destiny's working.

"She may be just befriending you or what but up until we don't know the reason behind her actions are, we will stick with whatever this is."

I sighed once again, "But Chaeng, what if she knew?"

"How could she, though? Will you tell her?"

She used her hand as an imaginary phone and held it close to her ear. "'Hello, Niki. I'm using you to cover up my feelings for Jennie. I hope you don't mind. Xoxo.'?"

"You are such a dork but no."

"Think about it, Lisa. This could work for you. If you don't want to make her as your distraction then just make her as your friend. Replace Jennie or put her as the second best 'friend' in your heart... Even though I should be the best friend." she suddenly mumbled the last part under her breath that my eyebrow perked up.

"What?"

"I said, I should be your bestest friend but you never treated me as such." Her words brought familiarity to me that my chest suddenly ached from the memory. I brushed it off and gave her a smile.