Chapter Thirty One

⚠️⚠️TRIGGER WARNING!!!⚠️⚠️

Before you continue, the following chapter will have a slight implication of self-harm. Bear in mind that the following scenes are a figment of my imagination, therefore I am not implying that the characters are experiencing the same or are doing the same. Please read with precaution. Thank you.

3RD POV

"Jennie?" The girl peered inside and saw nothing but darkness. However, even without seeing her, she knew she was there, just breathing shallowly and her mind's a mess.

She's swallowed by the darkness and the labyrinthine strings of thoughts and denial and fear.

"Hey, Jennie. I brought you food." She trudged the dark room slowly, avoiding any furniture or just stuff lying around, fearing that she'll trip and break her bones or worse, dampen the mood of the kitten more.

Once she reached the bed, Jisoo placed the food on the nightstand and slowly went into a crouching position. She opened the small night lamp and saw that the younger was covered with her blanket.

The oldest sighed before caressing her slowly, her hand was doing a small tapping motion. "Don't you want to go out, Jennie? You've been here for too long and you only came out when you had your shoot..."

However, she was only met by silence but she continued to caress her nonetheless. Stroking her gently as if her sole touch could break the already broken girl.

"What are you doing?" She heard her slur beneath the blanket.

"I brought you food."

"I know, but what I mean is, what are you doing with my foot?"

Jisoo's eyes widened as she removed the thick cover off Jennie's body and there she saw that it was Jennie's foot she's been comforting all this time.

She face palmed herself, "Bitch, and here I thought I was doing something beneficial."

She was about to scold her for not telling her sooner but she heard her giggles and it soon turned into fits of laughter.

Jisoo beamed proudly, and did a small dance before sitting down on her bed. "Ha. I made you laugh, Jenduekie!"

"Yeah. And it's because of your stupidity, Chu." She giggled once again.

The girl then removed the heavy blanket covering her and sat down with much difficulty.

"Woah, easy there." Jisoo said as she saw her almost falling off the bed so she extended her arm to help the girl find her balance.

"Thanks. I think my muscles aren't used to moving these days."

"A month." Jisoo mumbled only to herself but she didn't know that Jennie heard her.

The feline eyes turned to look at her, her gaze was questioning.  "What?"

"It's been a month, Jennie."

The grin disappeared, the darkness started to creep in again. "Been a month, huh?"

Jisoo kept quiet as she trained her eyes on the crumpled pieces of photographs beside her. She saw that some were their group photos during trainee days and predebut days but mostly, it was Jennie and Lisa's photos together.

 She saw that some were their group photos during trainee days and predebut days but mostly, it was Jennie and Lisa's photos together