END

Jennie's POV

I closed the door behind me and headed towards the two people who were waiting for me outside. They looked at me expectantly and when they saw my tears and my smile, they knew without me saying what happened.

I looked at unnie whose eyes were also watery and I gave her a big hug. "Unnie, thank you for everything. I mean it. It may not be the result we wanted but I'm still thankful for your support and for always being with her. Thank you..."

I sobbed and hugged her tighter and she patted my back, comforting me. "I-I'm sorry, Jennie. I thought this would work out. I'm sorry for putting you through this."

I faced her and shake my head, "It's okay, unnie. I told her everything that I needed to tell her but it wasnt enough for her to stay.  Maybe she'll be happier with wherever she's going."

"But she's the happiest when she's with you,"

I gave her another smile but my heart ached from remembering the time that it was still true. "But I nearly broke her so I guess, she found someone who'll make her happy without putting her into so much trouble."

"Jennie."

"I'll be okay, unnie. Thank you for everything. I'll go now."

"See you soon, Jennie."

I nodded my head and gave her a thumbs up.

Take care of Lisa, unnie. Please don't let her get hurt again.

"Let's go, oppa. I need to rest."

"I'm sorry, Jennie."

I sniffed and shake my head towards him. "Don't be. I'm thankful I got to tell her the truth."

"Have you heard hers?" He asked me as he started the engine.

I stare at him, puzzled. "Her truth?"

Then I realized that her truth was her decision to leave. "I know about it, oppa. She's leaving, isn't she?"

"That-"

"That's her truth. And that's enough for me."

"Okay, Jennie. Sleep. We'll have a long drive since the traffic already built up."

I nodded my head and looked outside the window. A plane flew by and I
imagined Lisa's face as she was sitting inside that plane with a big goofy smile, maybe she's excited to be with that someone again.

She's happy, right?

And it's all that matters, right?

I stare at the plane as it vanishes and convinced myself that I am happy for her.

After all, her happiness comes first.

But why does it goddarn hurt so much?

Why does wishing for your love's happiness hurt so much when it doesn't include you anymore?

Why does it hurt even when you've freely accepted that she won't be yours anymore?

Why does letting her go breaks me more than it should when I already know that it could result to this?

Why is fate so against us being together?

Why?

I fell asleep with memories of her. As she would say, a bittersweet dream.

"Unnie..."

I was welcomed by darkness and a sillhouette was in front of me.

"Lisa?"