Chapter Thirty Nine

Jennie's POV

"Oh shit." I groaned while trying to get up. I massaged my temples as I peeked through my eyes and I was immediately blinded by sunlight.

Huh? It's morning already? What-

I abruptly closed my eyes as scenes flashed through my head. I... I kissed her. And I said a lot of things that I shouldn't have said!

Oh my freaking hell, Jennie Kim! What were you thinking?!

What happened to you'll accept whatever she can offer? To all those bullshits you said?

None! Stupid, pathetic Jennie!

I smacked my head because of my stupidity which earned another groan from me. Just how much have I drank last night to get this kind of hangover?

I positioned my arm on my night stand to support myself getting up when I felt a small dish placed above it.

I glanced and saw that there were two advils and beside was a glass of lukewarm water.

This... this feels nostalgic.

Oh.

I remember putting two advils on her nightstand when I was sure Lisa would be hungover after her birthday party.

Oh shit. Lisa!

I internally panicked as I thought of what reaction should I make when I see her later on but decided to just pretend that nothing happened like how she did when she confessed that night of her birthday.

Is this a game of tug of war, Jennie?

I shook my head to remove such thoughts and changed my shirt since I reek of alcohol.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was seven thirty in the morning. I also picked the two advil and popped them in my mouth and drank the whole glass empty.

I slowly walked towards my door and peeked outside.

Are they awake now? I don't know but probably not since it's too quiet outside.

I released a small breath of relief and walked my way towards the kitchen for I was thirsty as hell.

However, as I was nearing the kitchen, I saw the silhouette of my two band members and I decided to pretend and act like nothing happened.

Whether Lisa mentioned it to them or not, I will still keep this facade on.

"Hey." I greeted them as I grabbed a glass and went towards the fridge. But none of them returned my greeting.

"You guys okay? Hangover?" I asked this again but still, no one answered my question.

I shrugged it off thinking that they drank more than me last night and they're going through a much worse hangover than I am.

I grabbed a bowl and the cereal and put milk on it and shoved a spoonful in my mouth.

Woah, that taste great!

"Jennie."

I looked at her and raised my brow. I swallowed the food first before speaking, "Yes?"

"I-Uh. Nevermind." She said and smiled.

I gulped. Do they know?

"Okay."

I forced down a sigh as I couldn't control my nerves, looked around and when I didn't see a trace of Lisa's shadow, I spoke, "I have to tell you guys something."

"Hey." I called for them again when their gazes were still blank and empty.

And that's only the time they looked up. They looked... sad? No, maybe more like bothered but still I couldn't distinguish what lurked behind their eyes.