Chapter Forty

Make sure to read the author's note 😏

-------------

Jennie's POV

I stifled a gasp when I read unnie's text as a spark of hope coursed through me.

"Oppa, we need to hurry. Please. Get in!" I said as I rushed towards the van and immediately slammed the door shut. He looked baffled by how I acted, but he still complied by running towards the driver's seat.

"What? Why? Do you know where she is?" He asked as he's starting the engine.

"Unnie just texted me. She told me that she's at the airport, and that we need to hurry."

He nodded and concentrated on driving while I, on the other hand was too fidgety. I tried calling unnie's number but she wasn't answering same as Lisa.

I already informed Jisoo and Rosie and told them that Lisa's at the airport.

They asked me what time her flight was and I felt my breathing stop for a moment then my heart suddenly quickened its pace.

Fuck. I don't know her flight schedule!

"I can't be late, oppa. Please drive faster." I begged him when unnie and Lisa were still not answering my calls.

"I understand your worry, Jennie but we'll be screwed if we break some traffic rules."

"I'll talk to sajangnim when that happens. Please just go."

The rat will probably understand and let us off the hook. He has connections which would allow him to free us from any violations.

He nodded in understanding and we were zooming our way towards the airport. I didn't know what miracle happened today for there was not much of a traffic but I'm not complaining.

Maybe just for once, fate was on my side.

I closed my eyes and prayed to all the gods out there to let me have this chance with Lisa.

Lisa, please. Work with me. Don't go. Not yet. Please.

Please, just listen to me. I'll give you a reason to stay. My own reason for you to stay... please. Just don't get on that plane yet...

Please give me time before you leave for your happiness. Please...

I felt my cheeks wet and I didn't realize that I was already crying. Manager kept on glancing at me from the rear view mirror with a worried look on his face.

"Hang in there, Jennie. We're almost there."

I nodded my head and sighed.

A few more moments and we're already at the airport. I put on my disguises and oppa made a few arrangements with the staff for my own safety and Lisa's.

"Do you know where she is?" He asked worriedly as he glance around.

I shook my head as anxiety creeps within me.

Gods, please Lisa, work with me on this one. Show me yourself.

"I'll ask." He nodded his head and I directly went with the staff to ask for Lisa's flight.

They said it's confidential but with a few strings pulled here and there, I managed to know her flight schedule.

I grinned at them and promised them that I'll give the favor back.

I quickly ran towards her place with manager oppa behind me and I immediately spotted unnie glancing here and there.

"Unnie!" I stood in front of her while panting, and I recognized the emotion in her eyes. She's relieved to see me.