Chapter Thirty

Third POV

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"She left us already, Chu." And Jennie sobbed harder, almost gasping for air for she can no longer breathe.

"What do you mean? What did the text say?" Her eyes darted from the phone in the younger's hand to her eyes that were  red from crying.

"It wasn't Lisa. It's manager-unnie. She said that-" she sniffed once again and her eyes looked at the two with such pain and regret.

"She said what?!"

"She said that Lisa is leaving us. She's leaving Blackpink, Chu. I'm sorr-"

"That can't be..." the oldest said as she massaged her temple. "She wouldn't leave us, right?"

Lisa's home but she's leaving her family behind? She's leaving us behind?

Chaeyoung asked herself as she reminisced about every promise and vow they made together but it seemed that it was now forgotten in the wind.

"Chaeng? She wouldn't, right? You're her bestfriend, right? You would know..." The oldest asked her, her eyes pleading.

She wants to hear me say what, exactly? That she wouldn't?

"I don't know, unnie because at this point-" Rosé's heart grew heavy and a lump formed on her throat, making it harder to swallow the thought that she doesn't know who Lisa was anymore or that she may never see Lisa again.

Jennie's cries grew more intense, silencing the room and their thoughts with her desperate wails.

"What do we do? Is it already final?"

"Should we go to his office or their office?"

Jisoo shook her head, "I don't want to see the rat and they're probably discussing her decision now..."

"Who texted you again, Jennie?"

She was having a difficulty in speaking but she was able to answer, "Manager unnie."

"So let's call our other managers. They're probably free or just waiting for an announcement."

They all agreed to use Rosé's phone and dialled the other managers' numbers.

Some didn't answer and with a blind  hope, they dialled the last of them. They held their breaths as it rang and their heartbeats stopped when it was answered.

"Oppa, is it true?" To hell with being polite and showing respect, they all thought as they went straight to the point. They were also expecting a call from them so it was better not to waste time anymore, Jisoo thought.

They put it on loudspeaker and waited attentively.

"Which is?"

"You don't know?"