Chapter Twenty Eight

3RD POV

"Lisa, guess what." She looked at her, waiting for a feedback but she remained passive. Not even a single nod or shrug, as if the person right in front of her was a robot. A machine that is void of any emotions or expressions.

Nada.

None.

Like the girl she met in Korea never existed.

"Lisa."

The girl was startled from the sudden mention of her name that she turned to look at her. "I'm sorry, unnie. What were you saying?" Lisa asked with a small smile.

"Are you okay?"

She gave her a tight lip smile and nodded, "Never better. So... what is it again?"

"Ah. Yes. The CEO approved."

For the first time in a week, she saw it again. The sunshine the uounher used to possess. It was there, even just for a moment it shone brightly then gone once again.

"Really?"

"Yes. Really. You're free, Lisa."

"Maybe, unnie. Maybe but hopefully." The youngest said as she zipped her luggage.

She stood up and stumbled a little, then chuckled to herself and dusted off her pants. She muttered words of encouragement to herself before smiling at the manager slash her confidante in L.A.

She's trying too hard. The manager felt her heart breaking at the sight of the girl who wanted nothing but happiness but fate was too cruel to give it to her.

This is not the girl I used to know. This is not who I brought here in L.A. We made a terrible mistake...

Lisa, please bring back the light you were always known for.

Bring back the sunny Lisa. Please. She thought as she gave the fragile girl a hug before dropping her off at the airport.

Be good and be well, Lisa. I wish you all the luck.

I'm sorry that you left Korea whole and you're gonna leave Los Angeles broken.

And probably broken beyond repair and I'm so so sorry...

For everything.

........

Rose's POV

"Why are we here again?" She asked while nervously picking her fingers.

"Jennie, for the last time, just be calm, okay? No one will recognize us here."

I scoffed at how absurd that sounds. "Yeah. No one would notice us entering YG. Totally," I said while scanning the flock of paparazzis outside the building.

"Then just move quicker so that they won't spot us!"

I refrained myself from rolling my eyes at her. After the "dating issue" being released, we were told not to go outside, trapped inside our own dorm with nothing to do. We couldn't even post anything on social media and all. Couldn't take walks or use my bike to just stroll around.

It's been a week already and this is our first time going out and guess what, we're headed to the office. Yey life.

I didn't mind them and continued walking. Gladly, there was another entrance that these paparazzis didn't know about.

"So... why are we here again?" I stopped walking for a moment to look at nothing in particular and continued walking ahead of them. I knew I was being aloof but who could blame me? I am hurting for my bestfriend and the guilt was creeping up that I could only hope for the best.