Chapter Thirty Two

⚠️⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING!!!! ⚠️⚠️

Read with precaution, please.

Jennie's POV

"Chaeng?"

"Hubby?" We both called for her however, the line went silent then the call was suddenly disconnected.

Jisoo looked at me, her eyes full of questions. I shrugged then blew air through my mouth.

"Do you think she's there, Jenduek?"

I stared at the photographs on my bed then reached for one. I tried to even out the creases and remove the tear stains I caused but I couldn't. The damage has been done.

"Hopefully, Jisoo. Trust fate, right?"

She nodded slowly then her eyes snapped at my arms. "When did it start?"

My eyes closed for a moment, reminiscing the time I started to scratch myself. Though I remember it so vividly.

"I forgot." I lied.

It happened when she left... no.  It happened when all these things happened.

But I didn't tell her that.

I felt her stand up and when I opened my eyes, she's back where she was sitting awhile ago but this time she's holding the first aid kit. "Let me clean that for you."

I was about to protest when she grabbed my arm and glared at me. I nodded in defeat then hissed when the antiseptic touched my wounds.

It hurts.

Everything hurts.

When will it still hurting?

Will it even stop?

We were silent for a while when I suddenly asked her, "Did you ever think or imagined our group to be like this? Or like... with how things are going."

A small smile played on her lips before she nodded without looking at me. "Yes. I did. Do you know why?"

"Because it was meant to happen through fate or something?" I guessed.

Her eyes darted towards me for a moment before she focused again on my wounds. "No. Because I always knew."

I hissed when the cotton was dabbed on a slightly deep scratch. "Knew me? Being like this?"

She stopped momentarily then smiled at me. She reached for the betadine and carefully cleaned the wound once more.

"You did, right?"

"I did. From the very beginning, Jennie. I knew."

"And yet you acted like you know nothing."

"Uh huh."

I smiled gratefully at her then trained my eyes on the ceiling.

"Jennie?"

"Hm?"

"If Chaeng finds Lisa and she comes home again, what's gonna happen next?"

I didn't know that I was about to scratch myself again when Jisoo held my arm and squeezed it. "Don't."

I realized what I was about to do so I dropped it on my sides and just picked on my nails. They're also too short... too raw but I didn't care so I continued.

"I don't know..."

I stared at the polaroids again and some printed ones. I grabbed another and tried to remove the creases once more. I grew more frustrated as it won't flatten out.