Chapter Thirty Eight

3rd POV

"Unnie, are you that thirsty?" Chaeyoung asked incredulously as she tried to snatch the glass from Jennie but the older didn't budge, her grip on it was too strong that she feared it might crack from the pressure.

Jisoo chuckled, "Maybe she needs water."

"Here." The maknae immediately pushed a glass of water towards her and looked at her funny. "Have some water, Jennie."

"Why would I? I'm not thirsty." Said the blushing girl. No, she's not blushing because of the person in front of her, but because of the soju plus beer they're drinking.

Apparently, Jennie's a lightweight. She's tipsy but not drunk. Atleast, not yet.

"Clearly." Jisoo mumbled under her breath and downed a shot of pure soju.

"Lisa." Jennie called her.

"Hm?"

"Did you put your luggage in your room? I don't see any of your new stuff."

Lisa scratched her head and sighed. "About that... I only brought my backpack."

They all turned to her and she gulped. "When will they bring them here?" Again, it was Jennie who asked.

"They wouldn't." Lisa spoke softly.

"What?"

Chaeyoung suddenly gasped, "Lisa, don't tell me. No."

She nodded and gave them an apologetic smile. "I-"

"You're not staying." Jennie mumbled, completing the sentence for the younger.

"It's not like that." Lisa tried to reason out but Jennie suddenly drank a half bottle of beer, silencing her.

"We get it. No need to explain." Then she gave her a small smile.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"No worries." Jennie croaked or was it her imagination because the sound was suddenly drowned by a bottle opening.

"Wow." Jisoo breathed out and shook her head. "You just came back and now, you're leaving again."

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"Where will you go, Lisa?"

"Just... somewhere." She said and glanced at the now quiet Jennie.

"To your happiness?" The feline eyed girl glanced at her and gave her another smile. A smile that could pass as a grin or a grimace. She couldn't tell which.

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

Jennie shook her head and drank a shot of soju this time. "Don't be. We got used to your absence already. This time wouldn't be any different." Then she conversed with Jisoo and the topic was already forgotten.

She was truly hurt, she knew that as the pins started attacking her heart but she kept it in. She remained stoic because she knew it was her fault and she didn't blame them.

"When are you leaving?" Asked by her bestfriend as her eyes were becoming watery. Lisa had to gulp in order to remain looking passive but still there, still with them. She couldn't be seen affected by the things they say to her or what she sees.

"Tomorrow morning."

"Oh."

Lisa heaved a deep breath to remove the needles on her heart.

I hurt them again. Good job, Lisa.

Her gaze then landed on the one who made her feel all the possible emotions in a short period of time and she felt a small tug in her heart as she noticed how different Jennie was now; how different they all were.