Chapter 9 : Mistake

⚠️Trigger warning.

My eyes just blink once, and her body collapsing onto the hard wooden floor tighten the air in my throat. My heart stops beating. I run to her as the guy that spoke to her earlier went for her as well. Oh my god...I think I'm gonna pass out, my pulse is so strong that I'm scared my brain could not stand this rush of blood. I get down on my knees and hurry to turn her around, to hold her body against mine. "Y/N...baby...wake up..." I brush her warm cheek, her eyes closed as her body is not moving at all. "You should go to the infirmary," the man in front of me, checking Y/N's pulse pronounces. "I'm going to take her to there, sir," he tries to make up m mind as the shock is overwhelming me, the thought of her and the baby, I'm terrified.

He takes her away from my arms, his own ones carrying her as all the people in this room encircled us. I stand up with the help of my shaking legs and follow him without missing just a second or step. He passes through the amenities, the enormous playroom just next to ours, he goes towards the infirmary quickly and in a short time arrives there, to knock on the door. "You should go take something cold and sweet for her to drink," he speaks to me, my heart racing as her unconscious body in his arms is worrying me. I listen to him and hurry to go get to the vending machine I saw one second ago, but as I noticed the door opening I remembered something important so I go back to them and enter the room. "Mister...I...I don't have any money on me..."

He lays her down on the examination couch made of leather and peeks at me. "I'm taking care of it, stay here with her," he gives me a tilt of his head kindly, and leaves the room to go grab a drink for her. Now the nurse and I are here for her. "What happened to her sir?"

The male nurse questions me while checking her eyes with a small light, my head full of mess and fright. I walk up to my wife and lay my hand on her stomach. "S—She was...doing some sport and she collapsed but...I don't know what was wrong..."

"Do you know her?"

"Yes, she's my wife," I nod, looking at him but staring at Y/N as he's checking her pulse. "What sport was she doing?"

"She was running on the treadmill..." I slide my hand to hers, holding it as her condition is setting me in a lot of stress. "She's very pale and cold...her pupils are not showing anything bad, does she have some diseases? Does she drink, smoke...?"

"No she's healthy...but...she...she is pregnant..." a knot tightens my throat at the word. He looks up at me as if something wasn't right, "Okay, we're going to do an ultrasound to check if everything is okay but first, we have to wake her up, what's her name?"

"Y/N," I answer right away. He leans over her, his hand on her cheek, he slightly gives some light taps onto it. The door opening behind us as someone knocked on it doesn't even drift my eyes away, I keep my hand in hers and pray for her to open her eyes.

"Here you go," he smiles as the man that Y/N met earlier came back with a can of Coke to get closer. "Y/N, how are you feeling? I'm Mister Kwang and I'm here to help you. Tell me if you have some pains."

"I..." she blocks on her word, her contracted pupils shifting from left to right as she seems lost. "W—What happened..."

"You were doing sport with Mister right here, your husband, you recognize him, right?" he mentions me, making her gaze at me with her unsteady eyes that seem to be hard to keep opened with the bright light of outside. She nods, tightening her hold on my hand and relieving me from a heavy stress. "Perfect, as he said, you lost consciousness after stopping, I guess you cannot recall any of the events?"

"I...I can't clearly..." she shakes her head, checking at the stuff close to the nurse. I pass my free hand in her hair as her state is putting me into a lot of distress. "It's fine, you can drink a little bit to feed your body with some sugar and we're going to proceed to an ultrasound to make sure your baby is okay. Alright?"