Ch. 39 : Secret

"Then come with me."

"What?" I frown at him, confused with this sudden sentence that my brain cannot process. "N—Nothing..." he flees my stare as if he didn't expect me to behave like that. "No. Tell me...what did you mean?"

"Nothing, let's talk about something else," he changes the matter of conversation, leaving me with a lot of incomprehension. "I want to talk about something with you...I just wanted to go out and drink with you to do it."

"Talk about what...?" I start to seriously worry about his earnestness as if something needed to be said, but that he was way too scared to do it in here. "I don't want to talk about it in here..."

"Alright but...is it because of your boyfriend?"

"No, otherwise I wouldn't go and see him later..." he makes obvious that this his man isn't the subject of this so I don't insist and start the car, to head to a place where we will be able to drink.

He will drink a juice while I'll have some alcohol.

"Are you sad...?" I question him with a heavy heart full of concern for him, hoping this isn't serious and will not shock me. "I'm not, why? Do I look like?"

"No...I don't know..." I shrug but take a brief peek at him while keeping my eyes on the road as well. "Put your seatbelt on," I remind him, always thinking about his safety in all cases. He does as told without retorting but I do it as well.

"I know you were a bit shy to talk about the pictures and all in front of your sister earlier but...since we're alone now..." I lick my lips but place my hand on the gearshift, trying to show a fake chill mood with him. "You can talk about it if there are things that make you doubt or else."

"There isn't but..." he fiddles with his fingers on his thighs, staring down at them with a pensive look. "My body...I just don't really like it compared to him...I mean...he looks way more manly and athletic...he's not robust but his muscles are well-defined and drawn while I feel kind of skinny next to him..."

"Hey...it's okay..." I lay my eyes on him for a short moment, feeling hurt by his words that remind me of Y/N and how insecure she is about herself, even though this went better with all the years together. "You have a good body Daehan, a great built with well-drawn muscles as well. Your body is even better than the one I had when I was your age and people have different morphology, which means that some will be able to be more muscular and bulky while others won't be able to gain more weight to develop their muscles with sport. Don't worry or feel bad about your body, you're a pretty and attractive boy, don't concern yourself with this."

"Pretty and attractive...?" he raises his eyebrows as if he wasn't believing in my sincere words but I nod to him, with a smile. "Of course you are and if you still doubt about it, look at your sister, you're from the same family so if Y/N is the most beautiful woman, then you're the most gorgeous boy."

"What about Yoongi...? Uh?" he points a bad thing out. "Let's not talk about this jerk."

A chortle escapes from him, brightening up my mood at the sound of it. "But seriously Daehan, your sister is gorgeous and so you are. You should not ever think that way. She used to have so many insecurities in the past that I can't even count all the nights I spent with her crying while feeling useless...It's really painful to see someone you love struggling with this kind of thing that never really goes away when this is serious, because you know...there are the kinds of people who will keep on saying they hate themselves so much they feel disgusted when they see their reflection but then, still take hundreds of selfies and post them everywhere on social media, and that type of person is the most frequent, while there are the serious ones who will hate themselves so much that they won't ever take a single picture of themselves, they will cry in front of the reflection, fear to be with people who could judge them and even cry all alone while torturing their minds with horrible thoughts and ideas that aren't true...I don't want you to go through this...I care about you and I'll do anything to help you avoid that awful thing...hm?" I glance at him with a honest attention.