Chapter 11 : Provoke me

Thirty minutes later...

The sound of some cries wakes me up, coming back to consciousness with my mouth closing as I must have slept with it opened...I hurry to stand up and check the baby monitor on the coffee table before rushing to Kiran's bedroom.

I open the door slowly in case this could startle him and enter the room, "Daddy's here baby~" I reassure him as fast as possible once I see him sobbing and standing in his crib. I make my way towards him and put my hands underneath his armpits to lift him up. I rub his back, kissing his cheek as he wrapped his arms around my neck to cry. "What's wrong my baby? Are you already hungry?" I try to calm him down and walk out of the bedroom. I grab hold of the strawberry plushy I bought to Y/N, the first present I took for her with the little bracelet that I was nervous as ever to give. I sit down on the large sofa and try to get his attention with the little plushy. He sobs and places his wet cheeks against my lips to take a look at the soft item I'm holding. I peck him and try to soothe him with the cute toy. "There's no need to cry sweetheart, daddy is here to hold you tight and kiss you."

He keeps one arm around my neck but takes the plushy against him, to rest his head on my shoulder and hug the soft strawberry of almost his size.  "You had a nightmare? Hm?" I brush his cheek with my fingers, erasing the tears that I hate to see. I slightly move my arm up and down to shake his little body delicately and peck his forehead. "You're feeling better now my sweetheart?" I brush the tip of his nose with my finger, relieved to see that he calmed down. He looks up at me but presses his lips on mine to then nestles his head in the crook of my neck. "Do you want to play a little bit?"

I stand up from the sofa with him in my arms, walking up to the large furniture under the TV to take some toys out of a drawer. I crawl on the floor to get to the sofa at my left and lay them on the cushions. I sit him down on it and remain on my knees in front of him as he's hugging the strawberry but also biting it and soaking it with his saliva...

"Look, let's learn some little things together, hm?" I look into his eyes as he seems to be a bit focused on me, which means I need to take this opportunity without letting run away from me. I take some letters and pitch the ones I don't need away, to only form the word "daddy" in front of him. "Let's try to get to know what those colors and forms mean, okay my baby?" I pass my hand through his hair, having knowledge about the fact that he doesn't really understand me perfectly at his age. I smile but still try.

"Let's start by saying the word together, say daddy," I attempt to make him pronounce this word for the first time, my heart beating fast in high expectations. He lays his eye on me, wondering what I want. I stare into his eyes and move my lips as much as possible to speak well, "Da~ddy~"

"Dada," he repeats after me but with a mistake at the end. "No," I shake my head with a grin but get closer to him and play with his cheek to first squeeze them, "Da," and then form a smile with his lips. "Ddy."

I gulp down, waiting for him to say the same. "Not yet?" I pout at his absence, but he just pushes the plushie down between his small legs and giggles at my face. He's so cute...same eyes as his mother...our dimples that make two together on his precious cheeks...I'm blessed.

"Okay, let's try another word then," I decide to change my plan and adapt to the situation. I take his tiny hands with mine as my heart is on a race just from the softness and happiness he brings to me, and I stare at him. "Do like daddy, okay? Pucker your lips," I show him with my mouth pursed out. He looks down at them with curiosity but instead of copying my expression, he leans in and places his own baby lips on mine. My heart is melting so damn much, I think I'm going to faint.

I let my laughter echo through the space but try to focus on what we're trying to accomplish. "Look, every time I do this," I pucker my lips. "You do it too, that way," I press our hands on either side of his face to make him push his thin pink lips forth. "And then," I move onward and peck him. "Kiss," I smile at him after doing it, the sparkles in his big eyes catching me off guard and killing me.