Chapter 14 : Phone call

"Cuddle...!" he runs to me to throw his arms around my body and hold me tight. I hate myself.

"Baby...what's wrong...?" I peek up at the clock hanged on the wall but see that it's already 8 am when Kiran should have been woken up one hour ago. "I thought you were gone with Kookie...I couldn't find you..." he sobs, looking up at me with his tears soaking my tank top. "My love, I'm so sorry..." I lean over him and take him in my arms to hold him against me. "I and Kookie fell asleep..."

He wraps his arms around my neck tightly, sobbing after what must have been horrible for him. "I'm sorry my love..." I rub his back before getting bumped into by Jungkook who ran into the room. "H—Honey...what is happening?"

"He thought we were gone..." I answer him with hate towards myself for being so irresponsible. "Go check on Kiran..." I look up at him as I can discern the worry into his eyes while caressing my little brother's back. "Okay," he nods but presses a kiss on Daehan's head before getting into the living room to do what I said.

"It's okay my baby, now we're here," I hold him tight and leave the room, to get into the kitchen and catch up on the time I lost sleeping when I should have been awake for my son and little brother. "What do you want to eat my love?" I rub his back and sit him down on the worktop. He wipes his tears away and holds his hands together between his thighs. "Eggrolls with toasted bread...please..."

"Okay my baby, I'm going to hurry and serve you, do you want a candy or snack while waiting?" I make fast to gather all the ingredients I need to give him the food he asked for. "Can I have a Chocopie? Please...?"

I nod and get to the furniture full of sweets to get two of this, remove the wrapping and give him one to eat the same tasty snack. "Thank you Cuddle..."

"You're welcome sweetheart," I smile but clasp the Chocopie between my lips to wash my hands and start to cook while eating.

The door of Kiran's bedroom opens in the background. Jungkook walking out of it with our son in his arms. He heads towards me but with a worried look, while Kiran seems okay.

"Can you hold him while I'm taking a shower...?" he bites his lips and holds the baby boy in front of him as he's staring at me with his big twinkling and innocent eyes. "Jungkook...I need to cook...I—"

"I know honey but...I need to take a shower...you know after...uh..." he gives a tilt of his head, reminding me of last night, so I comply and take my baby in my arms. "I'm hurrying, I promise," the tall man places his hand on the back of my head and pecks my forehead, before running to our bedroom to do his stuff.

"Do you want me to hold Kiran, Cuddle?" he proposes kindly, my mind not really agreeing to his idea no matter how much I trust my sweet little boy. "I'll be very careful...I promise you..."

I check on him, his feet now on the ground as he moved away from the worktop, he looks at me and his nephew. "I want to hold him..."

"O—Okay...but..." I hesitate to accept it, "You stay on the sofa and in the corner, to always keep him in your arms. Alright?"

"Yes," he nods with a big smile and rushes to the sofa, to jump on it and get in the corner, just the angle. I follow him a bit more slowly, rubbing my baby's cheek and kissing him, "Do you want to feed him?" I lay my eyes on Daehan and sit down next to him. "I can?!" he gape in joy, after always asking to do it. I acquiesce but make him get in the right position to hold the baby. "Here," I put him in his arms and elevate his legs to use it as a protection in case Kiran could move too abruptly. "You stay like that and you make sure that his head always remains in the crook of your arm, okay?"

"Yes, cuddle," he nods while staring at his nephew with a large smile. I grab hold of a pillow and tuck it right underneath his arm to let it use it as a support and Male it more comfortable, but also safe. I stand up to head back to the kitchen and take care of filling the bottle of my baby with milk that comes from the fridge since he likes it and then doesn't take too long to go back to my little brother that I trust enough to be careful, he seems all happy that's adorable.