Ch. 29 : My loves

"Are you feeling better...?" I voice out faintly, nervous and fearful, I just want to talk with her and solve the problem gradually. "Yes...way better with the new medicines..."

"Good...I made some toasts for you as well and I left a bowl of milk in the fridge," I lean back in the sofa, checking what she's doing. "Thank you...I'm going to eat."

"The chocolate spread and strawberry jam are here if you want," I make sure to tell her everything, even if this sounds unnecessary, I just want to carry on and not let any silence that we're not used to having between us. She peeks at me and then the coffee table, to nod and come towards us, with the bowl and place full of toasts. I linger my eyes on her, my heart aching for the reasons I know could never fade away, and she sits down onto the floor to set the stuff on the flat surface, but pull away what Daehan left on it, with a lot of crumbles and some drops of milk.

Since I want it to be comfortable for her and that she's right before me, I place Kiran by my side and stand up, "Can you watch him for five seconds?" my shy eyes meet hers, and she acquiesces before moving back to keep our son close to her. I take this opportunity to tidy up the table.on which she's eating, then get some tissues to clean it. "You don't have to do it...I was going to clean up afterwards anyway..."

"I know...I just want to do it for you," I finish my little chore and then throw the dirty tissues away, to get back on the sofa and hold Kiran in my arms, as he ended his bottle. Now that his hands are free, he wraps his arms around my neck to hug me but plays with the hair in the back of my head, which shows that he's calm and feeling good in my embrace.

However, I cannot help sitting at the edge of the sofa to have Y/N right between my legs, watching TV while eating. I carry my hand towards her and place it on her shoulder, to knead it and give her a massage there while going up her neck sometimes, delicately. "Do you have some body aches...?"

"Yes...a little bit..." she confirms in a feeble voice. "Would you want me to give you a massage when Kiran will take a rest?"

"No...I'm okay...focus on yourself...you haven't slept a lot these past few days..."

"I don't care about that," I rub my thumb on the nape of her neck, the spot that always relaxes the tension in her muscles once I knead it. "I only care about you...you know it..."

"Yeah..." she lets out in a breath. "Have you eaten something...?"

"No..." I tell the truth. "I'm not really hungry..." I look down at her neck, the tension felt under my hand worrying me. I keep on going in my actions to try soothing her. "You always tell me to eat even when I'm not hungry..." she puts forth, not leaving this argument. "I know...but...whatever..."

She doesn't answer anything but just sighs. Since I'm not sure that I'm not annoying her, I remove my hand from her and leave her alone while she's eating. However, I still remember something about last night that keeps on worrying me.

"Honey...I couldn't sleep last night and...I heard you going to the bathroom several times and staying inside for some long time...but...I heard you...sobbing..." I nibble on my lip, still recalling the sounds of her crying all by herself and pretending that nothing happened. "Why didn't you...try to talk to me or...I don't know..."

"Because...I don't know..." she shrugs. Not willing to be putting even more pressure on her shoulder, I just keep quiet and let my head rest on the back of the sofa. I don't know what to do anymore.

The sound of a ringtone rises my head up, Y/N hearing it as well, she stands up with her phone and pick up the call to head to the bedroom, as if she had been waiting for it for a while.