Ch. 53 : With you only

"Hm..." I don't say a word, speechless to be finding myself trapped in such a painful situation. "Come on," she wipes my tears away as I cannot keep my eyes off of hers, these ones that she owns and which always allows me to save myself from too much distress and anguish. "I love you my baby Kookie and our children are still cute little babies, so don't worry about anything and just think about one day at a time."

"Yeah..." I sniffle but collect myself, holding her in my arms and gazing into her eyes nonstop. "I love you honey," my words full of emotions leave my mouth and I lean in towards her, to join our lips. "I love you too."

— Next day —

"Daddy!" the loud voice of my child wakes me up, his small body shaking me up as if something bad had happened. I almost jump up from my lied position to hurry to get back to consciousness. "Yes, my baby, what's wrong?" I heave my feet out of the bed to face him, feeling the dizziness and shock of the abrupt awake.

"Someone's knocking on the door," he points his finger in the direction of the living room so I grab hold of my sweatpants I dropped on the ground last night and stand up, to head to the front door of our house.

In short seconds, I get to there with only my lower clothes and open the door, wondering who this could be at 9 am.

"Hey Kook," my baby boy greets me with his bright smile, my heart warming up inside my chest at the sight of his face. I grin but step froth to take him in an embrace. "My baby...I wasn't expecting to see you now. I'm so happy..." my arms tighten their clasp around him, feeling myself being hugged back.

"I knew you would feel sad if I wasn't coming...so...here I am," he pronounces what he doesn't know can make me feel worse, but I move back to look at him and ruffle his pink fluffy hair. "You don't have to do that Daehan...I'm sorry for acting like such a child with you last night and all..."

"Ay...stop it. I know how you are and you miss me a lot...and to be honest...I miss being with you as well no matter how much I love Haechan...I miss the jerk you are..." his cute laughter faintly runs away from his lips, speaking like an adorable little brat who always knows how to get me with words.

"I'm glad to hear it," I chuckle like an idiot but for some reason, feel a bit nervous in front of him. I know how clingy I am with the people I love and I'm scared this could affect them negatively. "So...are you gonna leave me out here in the cold?"

"No..." I shake my head but make fast to let him in, then close the door behind him. "There's just one thing I would like to talk about with you..." I clear my throat a bit nervously, my eyes landing on his features to let his soft smile offer itself to me. "Go ahead."

"You know...I trust Haechan now...a little bit more..." I attempt to seem natural, saying words about his boyfriend that are true but not entirely. "And...I just want you to be happy with him. If you wanna live with him, I'm okay and glad about it so I don't want you to feel obligated to come and see me just because of how clingy and sensitive I can about you and my children...you're eighteen now...so...I want you to feel free to do what you want..."

"I know Kook..." a chuckle leaves his mouth in a sigh, as if what I was saying wasn't necessary. "I'm happy the way I live now, I wouldn't want to stop seeing you and everyone in here just because I love Haechan and he's even the first one to tell me every morning to not forget the little texts for you so don't worry about this at all."

"Sure?" I ask with a nod, only to be certain he's not talking without too much thinking. "Yes sure, Kookie," his lips curve up into the usual sweet smile of his but he gives me a slight hit on the chest, acting playful to reassure me.