Ch. 34 : Mature

"It's for...protections..." he pronounces in a quiet voice with his eyes directed down, his nervousness not helping but my heart leaping out of my chest at those words. "Protections? Daehan...are you sure about what you're doing?"

"It's just...someone I like...I'm going to go to his— to her...her house..." he clears his throat, but I make him repeat. "His or her? Tell me the truth or else I won't ever be able to trust you anymore."

"His...It's a guy...but I like him a lot and...we...we already kissed...a lot of times..." his face catches a crimson color, my lips curving up at the news. "Is it bad...?" he peeks at me in the cutest manner, asking for my own opinion about this.

"Well...You decide to do what you want but....if you want me to tell you what I think...I would tell you to wait for the good one and not just do this with someone you 'like' and will never consider as the one, but this is just the way I think..."

"We've been dating for four months but I was too shy to tell you or Y/N...he seems to like me a lot too but yeah, maybe I should just wait..." he listens to me and take my opinion in consideration, relieving me about this. "Hey...just do what you want to do but...it's just that you're still a minor...and...I wouldn't want you to regret it afterwards...make the choice that you consider as the best but if you want, I'm going to give you the condoms you need, in case. At least you won't do it without any protection."

"You're going to buy them for me?" his shy eyes meet mine as his body language is oozing a lot of lack of confidence. "I have some in here, I can give them to you and if this isn't your size then I'll buy others for you."

"What's...the...the size...you have here?" he scratches the tip of his nose. "XXL, that's larger than the Magnum XL. Will that be okay?"

His eyes widen as he almost choked on air, making me chuckle uncontrollably. "I guess I'll have to buy new ones for you."

"Well...no...I'll buy them...I feel ridiculous compared to you..." he shakes his head, avoiding my gaze as he heard it. "Hey, don't worry about that. Size doesn't matter, alright?" I ruffle his hair, noticing how bad he's feeling about himself. "Size does matter...I'm freaking small compared to you..."

"What matters is the way you use it," I grin, attempting to reassure him about what a boy could feel self-conscious or insecure when there's no need to be if he finds the good person. "Well...I never did it so I'm kind of scared..."

"Are you both ready? Because...you should think twice before doing it, no let some lust or excitement control your thoughts and choices."

"I know..." he understands well, thankfully. "I'm not sure I'm ready...but...last time I saw him at his house...we were alone and then...we went a bit further but I told him I didn't want to do anything without any protection so we stopped."

"And what did he say? Did he get upset or anything like that?" I ask for more information, fearing that the guy he likes could be a jerk. "He said that we could just wait and that it was fine. There's just one thing that I'm not sure about," he passes his hand through his hair. "He said we could do other things without any protection needed but...I'm not sure...if this is safe..."

"Like what?" I frown at his sentence through which I sense some concerning things. "This is...a bit embarrassing to talk about that stuff with you...you know..."

"Embarrassing?" my eyebrows raise. "Ya. You know we both can talk about everything you want, I wouldn't want you to do something stupid only because you're not sure or don't have any good answers on which you can rely."

"I really can't specify but...is it really safe to not use any protection...even when...we're not doing the thing but something else...?" his teeth squeeze his upper lip, staring at me with apprehension. I can guess what he's talking about but I'm not sure, which could make this terribly awkward.