°02

FRIDAY; 11:16:08 AM

FRIDAY; 11:16:08 AM

Breakfast had already passed. Jaehyun and I departed ways. He was heading for the precinct. I was heading to my small art gallery. It's just like a studio-type rented space where I showcase my own artworks and get paid for them. I personally own this small business, with the help of my father and my best friend, Jaehyun. They basically invested for me. If it weren't for them, I would've been stuck in a dark pit with absolutely nothing.

Other than that, I co-own a coffee shop, which my father runs everyday. He purposely made me a co-owner since he discovered that my art gallery wasn't really enough to suffice me and my needs. But really, I also secretly earn through receiving commissions online. Father doesn't know that but Jaehyun does. Father doesn't really like the idea of me overworking myself. He wants me to do best but not to the point that I would exhaust myself. I mean, making art everyday isn't so bad. I don't mind exchanging sleep with work. I love my work.

Anyways, I opened the blinds of my gallery at exactly 8:00 AM. I looked outside only to see that there weren't really much people roaming around the vicinity. I was surprised at this as I usually see the streets flocked by a huge crowd. I could even count the number of heads walking the area.

Even my employee has not arrived yet. Supposedly, he was going to be here earlier than me. That's how it has always been. It's kind of strange.

I took the rest of my time checking and examining any damages or flaws inside the gallery. I arranged the frames of my art pieces and even vacuumed the floor. After which, my employee arrived, looking stressed out.

"Miss Park," he respectfully bowed at me. "I got caught in traffic—there was an accident not too far from our place." He explained, out of breath.

"It's okay, Jungwoo. I understand." I reassuringly said.

"Thank you." He bowed once more. "I'll get changed.". He rapidly dashed towards the comfort rooms, smashing the door closed. I chuckled at him.

This boy really works so hard.

And in a little while, Jungwoo sprinted back to me whilst wiping away the sweat around his neck. He straightened his white tuxedo and gently smiled at me, like he always does. "How are you by the way?" I managed to ask him.

"Well. . . I found another part-time job." He embarrassingly answered.

"That's good." I replied in a high-pitched voice. "Oh, Miss Park, you're not bringing an umbrella with you?" Jungwoo queried.

"Huh?" My face contorted in perplexity.

"I guess you haven't seen the news. It's going to pour later afternoon." The boy softly answered in a shaky tone, slightly chuckling at my puzzled face. "I have brought mine. You can have it—"

He pulled out a folding umbrella from his leather sling bag and immediately handed it over to me. "Here."

I hid my arms behind me and politely refused his offer. "You'll need it more than I will, Jungwoo. I can manage on my own." I replied with a smile.