°38

SUNDAY 9:09:21 PM

SUNDAY 9:09:21 PM

What have I even done to deserve all of this? For all I know, I was only an artist. A painter in a small gallery in Seoul. I am not a horrible person. I did not commit any sort of crime. I was just living normally as a person. Yet here I am, being punished for god knows what.

I woke up to the sound of what seemed to be a vehicle's roaring engine. I felt my body was being laid down, faced down to be exact. My hands were tightly tied behind me, completely disabling me from moving my arms.

I could hardly see anything because of how awfully dim it was from the inside of the car. Other than that, my vision has not yet returned to its normal state. Everything was kind of blurry, not to mention how my lids are a bit shaky.

I silently squirm the moment I regained consciousness. I was hoping for someone to notice my movement but I realized whoever were in the vehicle with me, were having a serious conversation. I had to stop and listen to what they were talking about.

"Are you sure we got the right girl?" a disembodied voice mumbled, hesitance palpable in his tone.

I heard a snicker.

"I'm certain. I saw her with the young master back at Insadong," One of them replied. "Man, didn't know capturing this bitch would cause such a huge fuss."

"Obviously because she got help from the young master. Getting near her would mean getting through the alpha's son. What did you even expect? A walk in the park? I don't think so."

"We should be paid double. We've lost so many men because of this operation," another man said. "That is if the Alpha agrees."

"Eh, most likely he would. We flawlessly got her. What else is there to worry?"

I was angered while eavesdropping. The pulsation of my heart only heightened. My jaw was clenched securely as I dreadfully take in the words they have said.

"You all think you will still be alive after this?" I managed to mutter, feeling the agonizing soreness of my throat.

"Oh, princess has already risen," The man nearest to me looked over me. I could barely make out how he looked like because it was horribly dark. There wasn't any source of light. "Are you trying to threaten us?"

"What do you think—"

"Lee Taeyong won't be here to save you, damsel in distress. He's busy doing what he's meant to do." A man, seemingly from the driver's seat, interjected. His voice was rather hoarse. He sounded like he was out of energy but was intimidating enough.

"Oh, yeah. You're right," the man near me chuckled. "Young master was sanctioned by the Alpha for constantly disobeying orders. In terms you could understand, your precious hero is currently doing important matters to compensate for his bad actions. That is, by interfering with our operation."