°16

SATURDAY; 9:00:28 AM

Last night's incident made me wake up with a sore head. I had to hesitate whether I was going to cancel my volunteer work at the orphanage or not. But the children will be expecting for my arrival. Even if I do spend the rest of the day in bed, trying to recover, I'd still be in pain because of breaking a promise to the twins. I wouldn't want the guilt to devour me.

Right now, I'm with Mrs. Han and Jaehyun. We're decorating the windows of the playroom with pink and blue strips of paper and rainbow-colored patterns pasted on the walls. We placed plentiful of cut-out stars dangling on the ceiling and a couple of colorful balloons on each table.

We also prepared party hats and bags to be distributed when the party will start. I have to admit; my budget was kind of low for the decorations. I wasn't making that much yet since I am practically unemployed for a week now. My art gallery isn't booming as of the moment and the café is managed poorly. But I made sure the goods and food were spot on. I brought two chocolate cakes from our bakery and a variety of cookies. I also brought pins for everyone which has their names on it.

"I bet you're broke as hell." Jaehyun chuckled as he stapled the tip of a pink paper strip on to the upper ledge of the window.

"Who says I am?!" I snorted, putting glue on to the back of a rainbow circle.

He scoffed before replying. "You're choosing cheap decorations. I mean, you should've informed me you needed financial support. I could've hired an actual event organizer for today and like put flamboyant thingies here and there."

He stepped down from the stool and placed his hands on his hips, pouting his lips.

I bitterly grumbled and Jaehyun merely giggled. "Look at your broke ass. You're so cute I might want to slap some cash on your cheeks."

I automatically kicked Jaehyun in the shin which made him flinch but it made him laugh louder. He hissed in pain afterwards and faced me with a stoic expression. He took a step forward and lowered his head to match the height of mine.

"Want to be a sugar baby? I can be your sugar daddy."

"Yah! Fuck off, Jung Jaehyun!" I scowled too stridently, startling Mrs. Han who was arranging the cookies and cupcakes on the rectangular table.

"Is something wrong, Jiseul?" She called out.

Jaehyun swallowed his lips, trying to hold in his laughter, as he continued to attach more strips on the window like nothing happened.

"N-nothing, Mrs. Han." I smiled.

"Where are the kids anyway?" Jaehyun queried in a flat voice.

I cleared my throat and replied: "They're outside with Taeyong."

Jaehyun paused from doing his task and sat on the stool with a skeptical look on his face. He pouted his lips while knitting his brows together.

"What are you doing?"