°40

MONDAY; 11:09:27 PM

MONDAY; 11:09:27 PM

"Her condition is normal. Although a huge amount of blood was lost in the last hours but there's nothing to worry about. She's going to recover soon,"

I don't feel anything at all.

I don't sense any feelings of pain.

I don't feel like I'm a living person either.

"She's conscious but she's not yet ready yet."

I wanted to open my eyes. I wanted to see what was going on. Surely, something good must have happened. But I was such a coward. I was too terrorized to find out.

I can't entirely recall the previous moments ever since I shot the Alpha. It all happened so quickly. I don't have memories or whatsoever of getting in this room.

I wanted to hear assurance. Not the kind of assurance that would just only make me wonder why words can't guarantee anything but disappointment. I wasn't surprised knowing how things turned out obnoxiously awful. I knew it would all boil down to me squeezed in between worst incidents.

It was no surprise for Park Jiseul, or should I say, Kang Seulgi, to be caught in trouble. It was already part of me.

I carefully open my eyes, gradually gaining sight as a luminous light beamed upon me.

"She's awake!" I heard my father yell in delight.

I saw indistinguishable shadows circling before me. I figured they were from the people whom I know. I was then able to recognize my father, who was standing to my left and Jaehyun who was across me. I am not quite sure with the rest yet.

I bat my lashes and finally was able to see my surroundings clearly.

"My princess," Father croaked. "You fought well. Thank goodness you're fine." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, yanking me lightly as he tightens the hug.

"Mr. Kang, I may have to speak to her privately," Jaehyun interjected. "I also would like to request everyone to wait outside for a while."

There was a momentary exchange of knowing glances between Jaehyun and Father to which I found odd. It was as if they had talked about it and agreed beforehand.

Nonetheless, everyone followed Jaehyun's orders without any unnecessary remarks. They did as instructed by the man and it was only Jaeyun and I in the room.

He sat to my right and pulled the stool closer to me.

"Seulgi, it's good to have you back. You had everyone worried." Jaehyun muttered in a rather calming tone.

I nodded. "How long have I been out?"

"More than 12 hours."

"Ah. . ., I see." I replied, grinning afterwards.