°36

SUNDAY; 9:31:06 AM

SUNDAY; 9:31:06 AM

My body endlessly sank deep down into what seemed to be like an infinitely spacious horizon. I was pulled and pushed downwards all at the same time. It was as if I was moving so rapidly in mid-air and there was no way of slowing it down. There was definitely some kind of a strong force. Somehow like the wind but absolutely much stronger and painful. It penetrated against my skin, making me feel like it was going to rip at any moment.

It was awfully dark in here, realizing this plane was totally empty but it somehow felt like I was surrounded. I don't know what either. I can't see anything. I look around and could barely see colors. Monochromatic and dull. That's what it appeared to me. Out of the blue, I was able to notice a faint beam of light that shone above me. Assumingly, it came from the hole I fell into. And it only got weaker and weaker as I fall farther.

There was no way of going back up.

The pitch-black skies began to shatter into small pieces, dwindling along with me into god knows where. I could see myself in these fragments as though it was a broken mirror. And in my reflections, I realized how helpless I was.

My world began to uncontrollably whirl. Things were getting hazy. I was beginning to feel dizzy.

I reach out, extending my hands in hopes of someone holding onto them to make it all stop.

"Help me! Please! Somebody, help me!"

I cried.

But I was alone.

No one can hear me.

I couldn't be saved anymore.

"Park Jiseul!"

I shiver as I lie awake in my bed, panting for I was out of breath. My toes were curled inwards whilst my fingers were relentlessly trembling. My face, especially around my neck, was damped with sweat, probably even tears. I couldn't help but feel the meteoric beating of my heart, blaring out of my chest as I try to recover from my horrible dream.

I hugged my knees together, convincing myself that it was all just a nightmare. But it felt horrifyingly real.

"Jiseul!"

I heard a series of muffled banging at my door. I listened carefully to the voice once more, trying to figure out who could it have been. Surely it wasn't my father's.

"Yah! Park Jiseul! Open the door you stupid moron!"

I quickly rolled out of the duvet and rushed to open the door, only to see a frightened Jaehyun standing in front of me.

He abruptly engulfed me with a tight embrace, completely catching me off guard. He gradually tightened the hug, lightly squeezing my shoulder as he caressed my back with his palm. Dumbfoundedly, I was stuck in his grip with a blank face.