°20

SUNDAY; 6: 17:07 PM

SUNDAY; 6: 17:07 PM

I just finished depositing all of my earnings from today's event. I can't believe it was more than we have made the last time even when I had already paid my employees. This was really a lucky day for me.

I stepped out of the building with satisfaction and contentment written all over my face. I stretched both my arms upwards and tiptoed, reaching for the skies. I inhaled the cold breeze, exhaling a long warm breath.

I felt my skin tightening; probably because of the temperature. It's high enough to keep these pores from loosening up. My lips as well felt a little rougher and drier than usual. And my nose, man. My nose is kind of reddish.

All these signs indicated cold season is about to dawn over Seoul; winter will be here soon.

I looked over the busy streets; my eyes trailing the movements of the vehicles passing. The smell of smoke from the roaring engines intensifying. I heard screeching sounds of the tires against the asphalt floor and the inaudible whispers of the people around me. Luminous lights shine everywhere; in store fronts, lampposts, and buildings. And the moon, incandescently watching over us as gray clouds depart from its, stars plastered all over the night sky.

The rawness of human life in the city.

My phone vibrated all of a sudden. I took it out, the screen indicating that there's an incoming call from Jaehyun.

"Hello, sup?" I said, my voice a little bit higher than usual.

I heard him chuckle over the line. "Want to celebrate?"

"Sure. Let's stop by at the café first."

He ended the call right away. I silently walked by myself, making sure my side profile was hidden behind the hood of my jacket. I adjusted my mouth mask every now and then, getting a little paranoid that it's revealing my face. I kept my head down, inconspicuously peering around me. I might look very suspicious right now but you can't tell who's who because of this get up. A lot of teenagers wear oversized jackets nowadays and hide behind a mask. If it's anything, I am actually blending in.

Taeyong told me to keep a low profile when I'm out on my own to avoid getting recognized from anyone, well of course, except him. This was one of our conditions and I didn't have any choice but to agree. The boy was too pursuant about this whole set up. I probably need it. He knows better anyway.

When I noticed I was getting near the café, I checked the traffic lights; it was still red.

I just need to cross this road before finally reaching my destination. I said to myself.

The murmurs behind me escalated; there seemed to be a commotion. I glanced to my back and saw two ladies pointing across us, their faces seemingly twisted in trepidation. Beside them was an old man, who clung onto another woman. I assume to be his daughter. He appeared rather terrified as the woman was trying to calm him down.