°19

[DON'T SKIP TO THE LAST PAGE/PART OF THIS CHAPTER! SPOILER ALERT! PLEASE READ FROM TO TO BOTTOM AND DON'T GO DOWN YET! THANKS! ALSO, LONG CHAPTER AHEAD ;) ]

SUNDAY; 2:42:19 PM

I rubbed my palms together to keep them warm as I look out of the clear-glass window from a distance. I see a lot of people lining up. I couldn't stay still because of how anxious I felt. I can't even stop myself from feeling chilly even though the heater in the room was functioning. My stomach rumbles every now and then and my throat was getting dry.

I scanned the crowd once more to count how many heads I am going to entertain for today. Despite having a few assistants, I'm still worried that we might not be able to accommodate these customers efficiently. It's not that I am questioning the capabilities of my employees, the perturbation just gets right through me, you know. You never know what will happen.

"Miss Park, we're going to do fine. You know, like how we did in our last exhibit," Yeri reassuringly smiled at me, patting my shoulder. "We have been preparing for this day and even if you're not ready, we have your back. Also, Jaehyun will be a little late. He sent me a text message a while ago."

I bit my lower lips as I soughed roughly, trying to release the worry clouding in my head.

"Y-you're, right. We can do it. Thank you, Yeri."

Yeri giggled, the wrinkles around her eyes deepening. "You're still nervous about people getting disappointed with your works?"

I nodded; my eyes still glued at the people outside the studio. "I'm just afraid to be criticized though."

Haechan eavesdropped and decided to pipe in our conversation. "Miss Park, you shouldn't be scared of their criticisms!"

"We learn from our mistakes, don't we?" Yeri flashed a closed-lip smile, her eyes twinkling and oozing with purity.

"I just hope they'll love my works—"

Jungwoo rushed in, panting. He tried to catch his breath before speaking. "We're going to open now, okay? Are we all ready?" The boy asked, waiting for a response from each one of us.

"Yah, can you not scare us like that. I thought something bad happened that's why you were running!" Joy playfully slapped Jungwoo's back to which he winced.

"I was just trying to look legit," Jungwoo answered, pursing his lips together. "Anyways, Miss Park, please do the honors."

We all headed to the front door of the gallery, catching everyone's attention. I inhaled deeply before widely smiling to everyone. I held on the hemlines of my skirt as my fingers slightly quivered.

"Welcome to each and every one of you here. I am Park Ji Seul, your artist for today," I paused whilst the crowd was applauding. When the clapping sounds faded, I continued. "The exhibit is now officially open."