°43

WEDNESDAY 7:09:01 AM

I was finally discharged from the hospital I stayed in. It gave me mixed feelings to be honest. I was relieved that I was physically well and at the same time, I am perturbed of what lies ahead of me from the outside.

While I was being escorted by police officers, I suddenly thought of what Jaehyun had warned me yesterday about the cameras and reporters. It definitely terrorized me. I didn't want to be hoarded with strangers with cameras and phones pointing at me nor do I want my face to be seen by the entire nation.

The dread began to fester inside me. Taking a step was such a chore. It was as if every move I made had to be calculated because even the slightest mistake could be used against me.

The sight of these huge men circling and the metal cuffs around my wrists made me feel as though I was a vicious animal that, at any moment, could wipe out the people in the area. I didn't feel human nor did I feel I was treated like one.

Just as I was about to step out of the door, Jaehyun appeared out of nowhere. He stood in front of me, his back facing towards the media crowding not far from us. He quickly put a cap over my head and strapped on a face mask on my mouth, covering half of my face.

Immediately, he stepped away and trailed behind, holding tightly on to my shoulder and on my cuffed wrists. He lightly pushed me as we made our way out.

"There she is!"

They sprinted like they were famished sharks. They raced like predators would do when they spot their prey, competing whoever gets the first bite from my flesh. It was a very unpleasant sight. Jaehyun really wasn't joking when he said about them swarming around me.

Camera flashes were all over the place. It was blinding. Every click and every shot were making me feel anxious. Huge cameras and microphones were hovering above me like they were weapons.

A gun in the head.

I felt so unsafe with these people, hurdling and leaving no way for us to pass. They looked enormous and I was just a spec of dust in this vast universe.

The space lessened and lessened as the reporters rushed to ask me queries I could hardly understand. I was held verbally hostage. Their voices were overlapping one another. I couldn't make out anything from what they all have said.

We could barely move. I could hardly breathe.

I lowered my head, looking straight at my feet as Jaehyun guided me to the vehicle not too far from us.

Squeezing my way in, I tried not to look back. Another police officer accompanied me from the passenger seat, Jaehyun seated next to the driver. He glanced over me through the rearview mirror.

He nodded, flashing a reassuring smile afterwards. I replied with a forced grin, hesitance written all over my face.

I didn't really expect to see him look proud. He appeared confident and calm. I guess I should.