°44

WEDNESDAY 7:48:12 AM

My mind was in a full state of disorder. I was clueless of where I was headed. All I could ever think of was to follow Irene and nothing else.

Despite not knowing whether this was a set up to frame me or not, I had to listen to my intuition because it said this has to be the way out.

Not too far from the SPD office was a black SUV, parking in front of an ice cream store. There I saw the host of the art show Taeyong and I attended back at Insadong, holding a vanilla sugar cone in one of his hands and the other seemingly clenching a bill. I gaped at the sight of him recognizing me.

He nodded and another figure appeared next to him, Yuta.

Irene lifted her hand and waved at the two men standing next to each other and this did not only make me perplexed but skeptical as well. I stared at Irene while she was giggling by herself.

"I-Irene? What's going on?" I quietly queried.

She paused for a moment and replied, "Patience, Seulgi. You'll understand very soon. But for now, get in the car. We're going somewhere."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and roughly sighed as I hopped in the vehicle without further questions.

"It's nice to see you again," Yuta slid into the driver's seat, looking at me in the rearview mirror. "I hope you still remembered me."

"I-I do. . .," My voice cracked. "Where are you taking me?"

"Don't worry. It'll just be a quick drive," I looked over to the man seated next to me. "Ten, by the way. In case you've forgotten this beautiful face."

Irene scoffed, sarcastically cackling while looking out of the window.

"Yah, Joohyun? You got a problem?" Ten pouted his lips.

"Nothing," Irene rolled her eyes, sighing unceremoniously. "Can we just get going? We're running out of time."

Yuta immediately stepped on the gas and silence had only grown bigger among us but this silence was peaceful. Relief was immensely felt inside the vehicle and that was good enough for as an assurance that I was going to be safe.

"Should I go through the tunnel?" Yuta asked.

"Of course. We need to get there right away." Irene answered with a rather high-pitched voice.

"As you wish."

--

The trip apparently didn't take too long as Yuta proclaimed that we have arrived at tour destination. He pulled up and we quickly got out of the car without muttering any words.

Ten and Yuta walked alongside me while Irene was taking the lead. Looking at the way she strides, I could already tell she was assertive and dominant. She seemed like she knew what she was doing and that she's confident in everything she does.