°03

SATURDAY; 4:22:13 PM

I received an e-mail from the company I sent my application letter to.

My entire body is shivering in anxiousness. My sweat dripping from my forehead down to my jaw. I tightly held on to my phone while I was scanning new novels to binge on in my favorite book store in Seoul. I stood in the middle of the dim isle with the bright light illuminating from my phone directly flashing in my reluctant face.

I lightly leaned to my side on the wooden 6-feet tall shelf, feeling my legs quivering even more. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I stared longer on the artificial screen. At some point, I forgot to blink my eyes.

I'm too scared to open it.

I'm too afraid to know what it says.

I mustered up some courage after a short while and decided to go for it. I slid my thumb on the surface of my phone, dabbed it with utmost tremor on the unopened mail in the inbox.

It's finally open.

My pupils were shaking as I read the words before me, unknowingly bringing the gadget nearer to my face.

Ms. Park Ji Seul

Velvet Inc. has received and examined your application letter and resume. It was forwarded to the Head Manager and his response was immediately encoded. The company appreciates your passion and hard work. However, your lack of experience reduced your credibility as an artist. Hence, your application was invalid. You're encouraged to apply next year. Thank you for applying. For queries, send an e-mail to this address: VelvetInc2016@lemon.com or you could directly contact us through landline: (032)-3231-9983.

With best regards,

Velvet Inc.

Upon mouthing the sentences in the letter, my heart pounded twice as fast as it usually does. It was as if it's been latched with chains, restricting any sign of movements yet it forces itself to beat. My chest tightened, the pressure increasing as the clock ticks another second. My hands started to tremble on its own. It was starting to numb. My eyes were left open with tears pooling in the corners. If I were to shut them just for one time, all of these crystal beads will cascade down to my cheeks and off to the floor. But I refused to. I was completely aware that I wasn't at my house.

Shit. If I would've known, I would've opened this stupid email when I got home. Now I can't vent out my frustrations as soon as possible.

I had to hold back myself from breaking down. I was at a public place. I couldn't afford to make others disgustingly look at me crying by myself. They wouldn't know how heartbroken I am.

I worked hard for this. I barely had enough sleep to work my ass off just so I could produce quality work. I lack experience? So that would mean that my 4 years of being a licensed artist is all worth for nothing? Is that it? I don't follow anything.