°22

MONDAY 7:41:40 AM

MONDAY 7:41:40 AM

There's no escape in the woods when you're surrounded with a pack of wolves.

I heavily gasp for air, gaping my eyes wide as I awake from my slumber. The disturbing shrill voice of a man from my dream was still endlessly ringing up in my head.

I was relieved that I have been woken up by the sound of my phone ringing, I wouldn't be able to escape from my nightmare.

I reached out for the gadget on top of the bedside table and read the number flashed on the screen. Apparently, it wasn't registered in my contacts. I don't even recognize the numerical pattern. I decided to not answer it—too afraid to hear what the unknown caller has to say.

It could be the wolves, again.

I left it infinitely ringing as my heart began to pound stridently.

It's only seven in the morning and I can't afford to start my day dealing with another threat.

But then again,

I wouldn't know if I don't try to find out right?

I hesitantly picked up the phone from the table. I stare at the artificial screen for a while, studying the series of digits shown. My thumb was already hovering over the answer button but my brain has not given the cue to press it.

It was still ringing.

When I finally accepted the call, I slowly dragged the phone near my ear, my hand quivering as I listen carefully to the other line. And it was dead silent.

My breathing only intensified at the thought that there was no sound coming from the caller. I began to panic, realizing they could be intentionally putting me on hold to track my location. I quickly ended the call and accidentally tossed my phone to the floor.

And there it was again.

I would have never thought that hearing a melodious chiming sound of birds could ever be so horrid to my ears. I dread at the tone of my phone, ringing like it was beckoning me to take it. It was haunting and it compelled me to get near to it.

I finally had the phone in my hand and I immediately answered.

"W-what do you want?" I said in a taunting voice. "What the fuck do you want from me!"

I heard an indistinctive chuckle from the opposite line.

"Woah, okay. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

I knitted my brows, thinking whose voice it belonged to. It was very familiar. I have heard it before.

"Who are you?"

"Oh yeah, right. It's Mark hehe."

Frankly, I was way too close unleashing hell at this moment because of how exasperated I was. I can't believe I was being exaggerating with the whole threat-call situation. I was quivering for nothing.