°17.1

SATURDAY; 9:21:19 AM

"Happy birthday to you~" We all sang in chorus, our eyes glued on the twins blowing the candles of their cake. When the flame was put off, everyone cheered, applause and howls resonating in the room. The children were rejoicing as well, leaping and squirming in delight.

I quickly took pictures with my phone, capturing the most raw and precious faces of the children as they horded around the birthday celebrants. Nahye, despite being the oldest among them, was full of glee.

"Okay, children. Please take your seats." Mrs. Han sedately instructed, guiding the kids back to their seats. On the other hand, the grown-ups were standing in one side of the room. I noticed that Jaehyun kept on peering on Taeyong's friends. He would cynically eye them when they're looking away.

I pinched Jaehyun's arm, making him hiss in pain. He grunted and his brows furled in exasperation. "What's wrong with you?" He said in a breathy voice.

"Why do you have to act like that?"

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. "I wasn't informed that we'd have extra guests today."

"And?" I rose my brows, my forehead wrinkling.

"I'm supposed to sing and dance for the children and having these men in the crowd would hurt my pride." He whined, pouting his lips afterwards.

I let out an abrupt laughter. I swallowed hard and cleared my throat before replying to Jaehyun. "Then just don't. No one's forcing you to do it."

"But I promised Minhyung I'd dance for him," He spat. "I couldn't let the boy down on his birthday."

"Oh my god. What are you going to do about it then?"

"I don't exactly know."

Jaehyun swallowed his lips and worriedly looked at the twins in front with Mrs. Han.

Mrs. Han clapped her hands once, catching the attention of the people in the room. "Do you want to play a game?"

Everyone else, including the guys next to Taeyong, shouted in unison. "Yes!"

Mrs. Han charmingly clasped her hands together. "Well, it's simple. I'll name something and you're going to bring it here in front. The first person to give me the item I am asking for will have a prize!"

I saw Lucas rolling up the sleeves of his shirt as Mark was endlessly laughing at him. His face was reddening because of it. Lucas was being held back by Johnny, to which the boy resisted. "I'm going to win this!" He said.

Meanwhile, Jaehyun was frozen.

"Are you still thinking—"

"Jiseul, help me. I don't want to dance by myself in front of these ugly ass men." He interrupted. He puckered up his lips and held on to my arms, wriggling it. "I'm asking you this favor as your best friend. Oh, did I mention? You are extra pretty today. Your polka-dot dress looks spot on. I mean, look at that naturally tousled hair of yours. You really look gorgeous."