°37

A/N:

A/N:

I finished writing this as 1:27 AM HAHAHAHHAHA omg what a nice coincidence. Anyway! Here it is :>

SUNDAY 4:58:21 PM

"Jiseul, we're going to be so dead if your father realizes we're not home," Jaehyun grumbled under his breath, muttering profanities as we both walk amidst a busy crowd. "When did you even get so rebellious woman?"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, mentally strangling Jaehyun by now. But I fought with the urge of circling my hands around the innocent boy's neck.

"You're with me. There's nothing I should be worried of. Besides, you have a gun with you right now. If someone attacks us, just shoot them and we'll run." I answered, looking straight-forwardly.

When we finally were at the clear, Jaehyun attentively inspected the area for any suspicious movements.

He unceremoniously sighed and knitted his brows. "Seriously, you think it's that easy? Have you even ever tried pointing a gun at someone?"

"What do you take me for?"

"An idiot who obviously doesn't understand why shooting someone is not that simple," He tugged my tiny wrists and frustratingly hauled me towards an alleyway. "Do you really have to go right now, Jiseul? You know the sun will set an hour from now. This basically means you and I are going to be a couple of rotten corpses when we get home."

"I need to go to my mother. I have to. I don't know when will be the next time I could even find the chance to visit her," I said with a shaky voice, my throat slightly throbbing. "I might die tomorrow. Or maybe later. Or the next day. Who knows? I just. . . need to see her. I have some things to say."

There was only silence between Jaehyun and I. I was confused why he refused to respond to my reply but I figured he might've not have the perfect words to console me.

We were basically speed walking as we were nearing the city's public cemetery. And he was right. The skies' colors appear to be lighter but bright enough for the city to be clear.

"Jaehyun, thank you for doing this." I mumbled.

He paused from walking the moment we reached our destination and flashed a little smile that subtly showed the dimple on his cheek.

"You're welcome, Seulgi."

For a while, I was convinced I was used to be called by that name. I was fooled by my own hearing. I never thought having Jaehyun call me Seulgi would make me feel such thing.

While I was approaching my mother's grave, it occurred to me that I was beginning to accept the truth. Although, I was still doubtful about everything new about me. And at some point, I realized this was what I came for. The puzzle I have been trying to solve. It's finally going to be completed. It was finally going to be a victory for me. But I never asked to have it the hard way. I never did. Who would've known wanting to discover who I was and about my family was such a pain in the ass.