°12

FRIDAY; 07:49:21 AM

FRIDAY; 07:49:21 AM

I pre-ordered tickets last week to a Francis Bacon art showcase which will commence tonight. I bought one for Jaehyun and I. Unfortunately, Jaehyun had to be instantly transferred to his temporary post somewhere in Seoul. There was an emergency and his presence was highly needed.

I knew it meant a lot to him whenever he's put into a new post since he badly wants to prove himself to his seniors. So, I didn't force him not to go. What kind of a friend would I be if I were to hold him back from achieving his dreams? Jaehyun would do the same if he were in my shoes.

But before that, I have an appointment with Mrs. Han at the Sunny Smile Orphanage. The twins are going to have their seventh birthday soon and I was planning to organize a party for them. I made a pinky-promise with them a few years ago and I've been saving up for this too.

I leaned towards my vanity mirror and puckered up my lips, applying peach-colored lip balm. After I was done putting on light make up, I tied my hair into a slightly tousled bun to match with my street-style clothes. I wore my go-to pair of black tattered jeans and white sneakers. I wore a denim jacket over my black and white crop top tee. When I was finally done, I headed down stairs.

"Where are you going this time?" Dad sternly asked as I walked down the aisle.

"I'm going to the orphanage." I answered.

"Have you eaten breakfast?"

I planted a gentle kiss on father's forehead and cupped his cheeks. "Dad, can you not worry too much about me? I'm not a little girl anymore."

We both locked gazes and a hint of perturbation exuded in his eyes. "I'll get going. See you later."

I held on to the straps of my back pack and sauntered outside the ever so peaceful house of ours. I rode a bus to the orphanage. The insides were kind of empty which shouldn't be. I wonder why.

When I arrived at the orphanage, I saw Mrs. Han talking to someone by the window. They were inside the lobby while I was still making my way to the entrance door. When Mrs. Han saw me, she waved her hands and flashed a close-lipped smile. The woman who she was speaking with turned around and greeted me with a warm conspicuous smile.

Mrs. Han gestured me to go near her. So, I did. She wrapped her wrinkly arm around my waist and faced back to the woman in front of us. "Mrs. Kim, I want you to meet Park Jiseul. She's a loyal and diligent donor and volunteer of Sunny Smile Orphanage."

"Nice to meet you, Jiseul." Mrs. Kim lightly nodded her chin as she extended her hand to me.

I slowly shook her hand and flashed a pleasant smile. "Are you going to be our donor?"

Mrs. Kim shyly chuckled, tucking some of her ash-brown hair behind her ear. "Yes, I will. In fact, I also brought goods. It's being unloaded near the kitchen. I hope Mrs. Han won't mind assisting the delivery boys as to where they will store them."