XXXVIII

"(Y/N)?" She asked you. You hummed in response, feeling your eyes water from the picture. "What's it like to be in love?"

"It's like nothing else matters except for that person. You don't care about others. It's all that person. It's all about my love for him and for myself."

May nodded and heard you snore softly, falling into sleep. She glanced at her messages, seeing the empty contact.

XXX:
Hey, it's Jaehyun
I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me on Saturday to the new restaurant that opened up downtown.
(12/19/15)

May:
I think I'll say a yes to that offer

Jaehyun:
wait really?

May:
yeah :)

Jaehyun:
i'll pick you up at 6
text me your address and i'll be there :)

May:
okay! see you then :)

She placed her phone down, staring at the ceiling, clutching it close to her chest. Tears brimmed out of her eyes.

Is this the right choice? Will this lead to love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May woke up on a Saturday morning, feeling like she was gonna throw up. He head ached and she felt so nauseous that she couldn't even stand up.

I have that date with Jaehyun today oh no what will he say?!

She mentally cursed herself for getting sick, today of all days. She really wanted to get out of the house today, but realized she wouldn't be able to if she couldn't stand up straight.

She grabbed her phone from her nightstand and opened up to his contact.

May:
Jaehyun I'm super sorry
But I'm not feeling too well today

She sighed and saw the bubble on her screen, telling her that he was typing.

She was scared. She wondered if he would act like before when he bullied her. Would he make fun of her at school? Would he get mad at her and be pissed about it? He could literally ruin her at any time if he so wished for it.

At the ding and a vibration of her phone, she knew he typed back. She took a deep and shaky breath, opening up his text.

Jaehyun:
Oh my gosh are you okay?
Do you want me to come over?
I wouldn't mind.
I'm free all day.

Her heartbeat sped up at the thought of what he texted.

Is he serious?

She felt her cheeks flush up at the thought of him coming over to take care of her. She heard a booming sound which frightened her. Turning around, she was met with the current thunderstorm and the flashes of light from the storm.

"That's so weird. It's December. Shouldn't it be a blizzard or something?" She sighed and looked back at her phone. Her stomach was feeling uneasy and she wasn't feeling all too well.