NCT: Happy Birthday, Taeyong!

Author's POV

Today, July 1 was a normal day for ordinary people. For NCT, it wasn't.

It was TY Track's birthday, their mighty leader-slash-mother's birthday.

Everybody anticipated this day to surprise Taeyong. Everything was set up once again in the dance studio. This was pretty usual for the members since a few other birthdays were held here before.

There was a hanging string with letters of his name above the table of food that Mark and Kun cooked for him.

Each member had a certain color that described their leader and Azalea's was green, representing the NCTzens and nature.

It is the color made by yellow and blue which are Haechan and Jaehyun's colors. Yellow, the color of happiness and blue, the color of royalty and loyalty. Basically, it explains the happiness Taeyong gets whenever he sees NCTzens who are like royalty to him. The fans will stay forver loyal to NCT because of Taeyong. Each color and member are connected to Taeyong.

As Azalea approaches the table, she smiles to herself, carrying a pink box with a green ribbon wrapped around it. It had a card on top. She put it down beside the dishes as she walked away. Only to be met with Haechan, "What's that?"

"My gift." she simply answered, a bit taken aback from his sudden appearance.  

"What was inside?" Haechan asked curiously.

Insteading of replying, Azalea asked him, "Hey, when's school starting?"

"July 25, why?" Furrowing her eyebrows, she asked again.

"Just asking." He avoided contact, spotting Taeil motion everyone to gather, "C'mon, hyung is coming."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the group. "Okay, Yuta said Taeyong will be here in five minutes. So get your gifts ready and find your hiding spot."

Azalea nodded at every word of her oppa's instruction. As soon as she finished, she ran off to hide.

She spotted a perfect place just near the door. It was behind the table with music related stuff on it.

Azalea fit herself there as the rest got into theirs too and the lights dimmed.

A few seconds of silence took over before approaching footsteps and bickering voices were heard.

Everyone got excitement rushing through their veins as they smiled.

The door burst open and the lights turned on as everyone jumped from their places.

And when Azalea did, well, her elboq hit the table pretty hard, causing her to wince in pain quietly.

Still, she keep a happy smile on for the birthday boy and gathered in the middle to crowd him.

When she noticed everybody's eyes were on Taeyong, she sneaked herself out of the dance studio, hugging her elbow in pain.

It hurt bad but she didn't cry. Instead, she walked to the hallways to find the bathroom.

While looking at it in concern, she bumped into something like a rock.

Looking up, she saw Lucas, making her smile immediately. "Lucas? What are you doing here?"

As soon as she said it, a woman who was facing her back turned around and met up with Azalea. "Mom?"

"Lee Ah! Here you are." She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her shoulder as Azalea hugged her back confusedly.

Pulling away, she asked with confusion, "What are you two doing here?"

They looked at each other, her mom, now, looking like she would burst into tears any moment now. "Uncle got into an accident last night." Lucas explained for her mother.

At that her face wrinkled, "Accident, what? Dad got into ... an accident?"

"A drunk bastard s-stabbed him yesterday. He's currently in the hospital right now." Lucas gulped hardly as Azalea trembled.

She put up a good posture, "Okay, you go back to visit him, Mom. Be there when he wakes up. I'll be in awhile, I just have to fix stuff." She patted her mother's shoulder.

"Oh, and Lucas?" She looked up to him.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Thank you so much. I love you both. Now, you better go. I'll be there." Azalea pushed them out hurriedly with blurry eyes. She didn't want them to see her like this.

They left without hesitation and left her alone. Finally, she bursted out in tears, sobbing silently.

She walked outside, laying herself down the bench. Azalea whimpered loudly, wiping her endless tears.

Why must this happen to her? What did she do to deserve this? Everything around her was pulling her down.

Azalea closed her eyes, tired from everything. First, the stressful debut. Then, the lawsuit. Afterwards, the kidnapping. Then, the dramas. And now this. Her father had to be involved.

She curled herself, trying to calm her own self which was pretty much useless.

Azalea looked back on her life, what really did she do wrong?

•••

Meanwhile, at the party. Everyone was having a nice time, completely distracted that they didn't notice Azalea's absence.

Only one person did, Huang Renjun. He went around and searched for the girl who was nowhere to be found.

Renjun walked outside to spot a figure curled up on a bench. Recognizing her bright neon outfit, he ran over to her.

He pitied the sight and hugged her tightly, "Azalea, are you okay?" He said, softly.

She shook her head, no. Clearly, she wasn't okay. Was she ever? Will she ever?

A idea popped into Renjun's mind to calm her that always succeeded.

He cleared his throat before singing to her, "neon nareul barabwa neokseul noko tto bwa (You're looking at me, staring at me)
ni mameul sarojaba beorin geu sungan (The moment I captivated your heart)."

At last, Azalea could rest peacefully. In the melody of Renjun, she could be in peace.

Smiling, Renjun continued to sing. "tteollineun moksori ne mamen buksori (My trembling voice is like the sound of drums in your heart)
tto banjjagineun jongsoriga ulliji (The twinkling sound of a bell rings)."

Little did Azalea know, Renjun was indirectly confessing to her. But Renjun didn't care about himself, as long as she was happy.

Some boys would do anything for the girl's happiness, right? Well, Renjun's one of those boys.

=============

IM TOO HYPED FOR THIS!!!

I intended to update earlier but I got sick as soon as my summer break started.

So now, I'm making the Renzalea ship more than friends! Since in the Dreamies, there's Markhyuck, Nomin and Chensung, Renjun would be left out with Azalea so I paired them up! Hope you like the two.

Anyways, I hope you like the new cover I made of Azalea. I think it's pretty aesthetic-ki.

Please love, vote and comment on this chapter. And thats all, ANNYEONG!