NCT: Happy Birthday, Mark!

➫ THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

Everyone walked around the dance studio, the one where they filmed the Firetruck Dance Practice, low-key anxiously waiting for the birthday boy. They hid secret cameras around the studio. There was a fight about to go down between the members, some of them just didn't know it yet.

Taeyong, Taeil and Ten, the three T's, planned a fight between them. None of the DREAMies knew what was happening even Azalea. For some reason, all the staff instructed was to act as if they were fighting. The other DREAMies thought it was best to not get involved between them and their acts.

The fake fight started as soon as Mark entered the room, panting hard. "Why did you call me here?" he complained, crouching to catch his breath. Everyone turned to him, serious faces but the DREAMies' expressions were scared and anxious for the unknown things that were to happen next.

"What did you tell the CEO?" Taeil asked in a stern voice. They knew that Mark went to his office yesterday for some reason and that gave them a reason to have their practiced fight.

Mark stuttered. "I-I just asked him about the promotions for DREAM and 127."

"Really? Then, why did manager-hyung give us termination contracts?" Taeyong faced him as he threw a stack of paper to Mark.

The rest of the members were trembling nervously, randomly roaming the room or sitting down on the floor. Azalea was playing with her newly-dyed orange hair, watching them fight. She really prayed she wouldn't get involved even if it was fake. Azalea would tremble under their glares and end up either laughing or crying, one of those.

"What? They did? That's not my fault." Mark denied, picking up some of the papers. It was now Ten's turn. He ruffled his hair in frustration as Mark fidgeted under their stares. "Then why did he give us those papers, if not because you?"

Mark was completely speechless. Taeyong chimed in, "Why did you tell him to terminate our contracts? You know how hard we worked especially for the DREAMies who hasn't even debuted?" He shouted, causing them to flinch.

Azalea turned away, sliding beside Jeno. It was raining at the moment, giving them a cold feeling. "I-I didn't do that. Why do you think I would do that?" Now, Mark was getting furious on why they blamed him for something that he would never do.

"I don't know, you tell me." Ten threw his cap to the floor as they watched nervously. "I didn't do it! You know me, hyung!" He raised his voice as Azalea looked away, suddenly getting scared of the fake fight.

Jaehyun was walking around them for some reason. "You should try to team up with Mark-hyung." Haechan sat beside Azalea, slightly pushing her forward. She slid back, shaking her head, "I can't. I don't know what to do."

"Simple, defend Mark-hyung against the other hyungs to try make it more realistic." Haechan faced her, "You want to practice acting, right? Then this is your time."

"What about Jeno-oppa? Isn't acting his specialty?" She nudged Jeno towards Haechan but they shook their heads, "Against you, Aza, they will back down."

"Because I'm a girl?" she twitched her eye.

"No, because you're their weakness." Jeno whispered, pushing her forward. Azalea hesitated to take another step but she did, marching up to the four, she placed herself right beside Mark but a little forward than where he was.

"Oppa, why do you think Mark would do it?" She crossed her arms, taking directly to Taeil, "Maybe, you did. I saw you going inside right after Mark left."

Taeil turned to her in obvious shock, "Azalea, why do you think I would do it?"

"Same reason as why you think Mark did, for fame and money." Azalea challenged them, directing her deadly gaze to them. They felt small below her glare either because she was good at acting or she just had a scary expression.

Taeil scoffed, walking right in front of Azalea. "Why are you defending him, Azalea? You also got a contract termination just like us."

"Mark-oppa would never do that. He's been a trainee longer than some of us here and he just wants what we want, success. But he can't do that without us, oppa, and neither can we without one of us." She was extremely good at making speeches. Azalea gestured her words as she spoke.

"That's what you think, Azalea. You should start growing up! Do you really think everyone's good? Nobody is and so aren't you. You're not special, Lee Ah even as much as you pretend you are! You're just like us, messed up with bad pasts!" Ten yelled in her face as tears dripped down her cheeks. All of them thought it was just fake tears for acting but they were wrong. Azalea felt hurt at Ten's words, thinking it was true.

She sniffled, wiping her tears away. Azalea took one last look before storming out the room with a loud slam. As soon as the door shut, more tears fell down, she was truly hurt at the sudden harsh words and believed it. Am I really like that? She thought, wiping her tears away as a staff approached her with Mark's birthday cake.

She listened close to the argument, making sure to time her entrance perfectly. As soon as the noise died down, she entered the room again with a smile, cake in her hand, singing the lyrics of Happy Birthday together with the rest, a song that they constantly sing a thousand times a year.

Azalea placed it infront of Mark, telling him to blow the candle. After he does, Azalea threw some frosting to his face. "Happy Birthday!" they shouted, suddenly throwing cake pieces to each other.

But only one thought was on her mind.

Do I deserve them?