NCT AZALEA & HAECHAN: The Notebook Plan

➫ FIRST PERSON POV

FIRST PERSON POV

"Yah! What are you doing?" Haechan quarelled as I brought him away from the cafeteria by the wrist. "Shh." I shushed harshly.

"People are looking at you!" I whispered to him. He whipped his head to me, "They're looking at you!"

"Yeah, 'cause you're right beside me." I snapped back, pulling him into a corner. I took my hand off of his arm and put it on my hips. "I have a plan."

Haechan knitted his brows, "What plan?"

"You know," I hinted, lowering my voice down. "The Notebook plan?"

Last week, Haechan and I were composing lyrics for a song we wanted to include in our future album. However, while he was in class, Haechan continued making the song and thus, led him to the teacher confiscating the lyrics in the notebook.

So I ultimately made a plan to retrieve the notebook back from the teachers' faculty. We worked hard for that song and we really wanted to get it back.

Haechan perked up, "Oh, yeah? What is it?"

•••

I crouched down to the height of a toddler, crawling to the faculty. He followed behind, trying to be as quiet.

On accident, I knocked over a potted plant over. "Shush!" He hollered as I waved my hand to him.

We continued our motion, getting in the faculty. "Mrs. Reum's desk is over to the far right. The notebook's probably below the papers." I gestured, pointing to her desk.

"You get it. I'll look out."

I faced him, "What? No! You get it."

"I don't wanna. You do it." Haechan pushed me to the direction as I narrowed my eyes at him furiously. "He was the one who let it get confiscated." I muttered, tiptoeing to the desk.

At last, I reached her desk. Before I could get my hands on anything in her table, Haechan whispered loudly, "Hurry! Someone's coming."

I hurried in inspecting her desk, trying to find the stupid notebook. I lifted the papers and our worst nightmare appeared, "Hyuck, it's not here!" The only time I call him by his real name nickname is when I'm panicking and this was an example.

"Hide!" Haechan sprinted his way from the door to me, hiding beside me under Mrs. Reum's desk. We held our breaths and I shut my eyes tightly, waiting to get in trouble. It was only my first few weeks and I was already in trouble.

Slow footsteps came to our eardrums and the light coming from the flashlight made us shake. I pressed my lips anxiously, waiting for the downfall.

The footsteps became more and more distinct and soon, it stood in front of us. We pressed ourselves to the wall, trying our best to not get caught. I prayed Alleluia to the Lord as I squeezed his hand.

Just as he was about to bend down, a loud click came from the door and he went rushing to the sound. A loud breath of relief let out from my mouth as I fell to the ground.

However, it didn't end there. Another flashlight came at the second I tried to stand up.

Gulping, I went below the office chair of one of the teachers. "Surrender or you'll suffer worse consequences!"

Oh, oh, oh no. I recognized that very voice: Mrs. Reum. By far, she is one of the most feared teachers and the one who got our lyrics.

"Don't dare!" I mouthed to Haechan silently as he rolled his eyes, mouthing back. "I'm not stupid!"

He was so wrong. Haechan said with sound, enough to catch Mrs. Reum's attention. "Oh, my lord!"

I squeezed my eyes before letting my hair loose from my tie. In adrenaline, I pulled Haechan from below the desk and bolted for it. Practice for ISAC, I guess?

"Faster!" He galloped, boosting himself to the front.

We ran until we reached the exit, panting. "That was the stupid-est thing you ever did!"

Haechan turned to me with a smile, "You're the one who got us into it, genius!"

Before continuing, "What happened to your hair anyways, why'd you let it down?"

"A lot of girls in both of our grades always have their hair down. She won't recognize me much. Plus, teh orange can't be seen that clear in the dark." I smugly answered.

"So what about our lyrics?"

I shrugged, "Eh, we'll let Mark get that for us."

We both laughed, "Hey, where's your hairtie?"

I looked down, "Oh, no."

===============

Happy 50K!! Thanks so much.

Sorry for the late update, lots of writers' block plus busy schedules stopped me from updating.

Hope you enjoy!

P.S. A special chapter will be released later on!